The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Alignment???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spideydsm99

Proven Member
May 30, 2017
Cherryville, North_Carolina
hello dsm people and friends! I need help something terrible. So My car every time I go down the road pass 20mph the car feels like it's fish tailing all down the road and gets worse when I hit a little bump or anything. The car has 90k on it and all the components are nice and tight in the front and back as well as the wheel bearings. So does any one have any suggestions?

There must be something in need of adjustment/replacement. How did you inspect the suspension/steering components?

You may want to really look close at components that impact toe.

Last edited:
A few years ago when I worked at Honda, I had to diagnose a MazdaSpeed 3 that acted similar. It ended up having a broken driver side sway bar end link. Might be something to check, just to see if it's missing maybe.

Yeah, not all had rear bars. My gst spyder did, but probably because it was a gst. Another idea might be the X-brace behind the rear seat? Can inspect it by removing the carpeted panel in the trunk. When I did the awd swap to my old spyder, I had to cut the brace, and never got to reweld it back together and it had a similar feel. Yours could have a missing bolt on the bottom and therefore not be a solid brace anymore.

Is this a recent development? From your description, it sounds more of a safety issue more than a handling issue. Are you able to check for play with the car's weight on the suspension?
I had sheared off a rear toe arm ball joint during a RallyX which made for active changes in toe, which could cause the low speed fish tailing you are referring to. If this is a new car in which it appears the PO replaced steering/suspension components, it may be in need of a proper alignment.

The po said it was recent but that's it. It's so bad I haven't dared to go past 35 and won't go more than 1/4 of a mile down the road. And no I haven't been able to check it with the cars weight on the suspension. It is a new car it's what's in my profile I just got finished replacing the brake line today. So it's the first time driving it. I'm haveing a alignment done tomorrow morning. Because when I took the front wheels off and noticed the tie rod and the end had been replaced, the front right had been screwed nearly all the way in and the left had only about half of the threads screwed into the end. I'm hoping to get this done fixed soon so I can return this body back to stock. This is something new to me, I've had 4 gst's and never had anything like this happen.

The po said it was recent but that's it. It's so bad I haven't dared to go past 35 and won't go more than 1/4 of a mile down the road. And no I haven't been able to check it with the cars weight on the suspension. It is a new car it's what's in my profile I just got finished replacing the brake line today. So it's the first time driving it. I'm haveing a alignment done tomorrow morning. Because when I took the front wheels off and noticed the tie rod and the end had been replaced, the front right had been screwed nearly all the way in and the left had only about half of the threads screwed into the end. I'm hoping to get this done fixed soon so I can return this body back to stock. This is something new to me, I've had 4 gst's and never had anything like this happen.
That sounds like it's not even close.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back