The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Alcohol/Water Injection Poll - Where did you mount ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EngineRunup

Probationary Member
Feb 16, 2006
Boston, Massachusetts
Here is the new thread for people to tell us where they mounted the tank, pump, and injectors, along with any recommendations to help everyone keep everything as simple as possible, but still maintain a clean professional look.

Where is your pump?

Where is your tank?

How big is your tank?

Where is the best place to splice into, when wiring the pump, relay, and other goodies?

Where did you route the tubing?

Etc......

(2G AWD) I took out my spare and mounted the where the spare screwed into. Used the stock Washer fluid tank (I think it holds about a gallon) Both are hidden under the trunk floor. Ran the water line all the way along the passenger side under the carpet. Tapped the nozzles in the turbo outlet elbow and in the tb elbow.

1st gen - mounted the pump on the firewall right behind the intake manifold. The tank is a 5 gallon gas jug that sits in the back of my car secured against the backseats/rear strut tower brace. I didn't splice into anything except maybe one relay at the positive battery terminal but that was it. I ran all new wiring for everything pretty much. I have a toggle for the pump so I can cut if off when the mix is low (if I'm to lazy to refill it). The tubing goes from the trunk under the carpet through the firewall and from there you can probably figure it out. I tapped the nozzles right at the outlet for my FMIC and on the TB elbow.

sorry to interupt

where i can find the best system(methanol/ water injection) and what is the pricing for the decent one.

thank you

mirkoelek said:
sorry to interupt

where i can find the best system(methanol/ water injection) and what is the pricing for the decent one.

thank you

I think my answer would be biased :) so I'll let the others chime in.

HA! I'll chime in.

For the price Engine Round Up has a great kit.I have a BeCooling kit. It has been flawless. For the price, both these companies seam to offer the most.

Aquamist has alot of fancy electronics. And I've never needed them.

Snow Performance basic kit has no more control than BeCooling and Engine Round Up kits. Yet they cost 100 bones moreWTF . A friend of mine has issues w/ his snow kit on his supercharged LS1.

There are other companies out there. But a simple kit can be had for a good price, usually is all you would ever need, and will be quite reliable.

I'm sure that Engine Round Up has as good customer service as BeCooling. Heck, you can contact them right here on this forum:thumb: . I've had great customer service w/ BeCooling. Snow does have excellent customer service, too.

90CherryTSI said:
I didn't splice into anything except maybe one relay at the positive battery terminal but that was it. I ran all new wiring for everything pretty much. I have a toggle for the pump so I can cut if off when the mix is low (if I'm to lazy to refill it)

This is a good idea. I don't recommend splicing any electrical wires when the new current load on the wire will be unknown.

I just ordered my kit from EngineRunUp(thanks gregLOL I told him what i wanted and my goals and he recommended the kit for me. I just started out with this whole water injection thing so i've been reading alot about it and all the kits out there some are cheap others are very pricey. I wanted a reliable kit but not spend alot of money on it like some companies ask for. Enginerunup has very good prices on water injection kits hence why i went with them.

The way am going to mount my kit is having the pump in the trunk using the stock resevoir. I know its somewhat small probably more or less than a gallon but i don't need to use water injection everyday so it will last me more than enough. I'll route the tubing and what not under the passenger side carpet through the firewall. I'll also hook up the kit to dsmlink as well so it should be fun can't wait:)

if one were to flush out the existing washer fluid tank AND lines, can it be used for water injection? I havnt used my washer squirters in about a year. the lines are already under the engine bay, cant I add on to it to get it were I need it?

what I wont to do is use the washer lever and when I pull it of course the h20 will be injected. or am I way off! ha ha

skinnykenny84 said:
if one were to flush out the existing washer fluid tank AND lines, can it be used for water injection? I havnt used my washer squirters in about a year. the lines are already under the engine bay, cant I add on to it to get it were I need it?

You can definitely use the tank, that is very common, it is even my setup in my car. The lines on the other hand must be replaced. They will be compatible with methanol, but they will not have a high enough burst pressure rating. I may be a little off, but I believe a washer pumps at around 35 psi or so. I am not sure what the rating of the stock tubing is. I believe the lowest psi pump from any water injection company is 100 psi. There used to be some 60 psi pumps sold by companies, but poor atomization at the nozzle caused them to make the 100 psi pump the lowest pressure sold. I could not believe that any car's stock washer lines would be able to hold 100 psi.

Of course I could be wrong about the lines, but see if there is any way to find out the pressure rating of the tubing. If there is a code typed on the side of the tubing, you may be able to find out that way.

skinnykenny84 said:
what I wont to do is use the washer lever and when I pull it of course the h20 will be injected. or am I way off! ha ha

Can this be done? Sure, but there would be some work involved. Since you can't use your washer pump (only outputs about 35 psi, so after boost pressure you would only have a net of roughly 15 psi to the injector), you would have to figure out a way to make the windshield washer lever control the washers OR the water injection. This can be done by disconnecting the washer pump power wire, running an extension to the cabin, where it will splice, and then go to two rocker switches. From one rocker switch, the power wire will run to the washer pump, and from the other rocker switch it will run to the water injection pump. You would only leave one switch on at an given time. This way you can just turn one pump on (more accurately armed) and one pump off.

You need to make sure that your existing wires can handle the load (7 amps for the 100 psi pump, and 15 amps for the 150 psi pump).

Whew, that was a lot. Hope some of this stuff helps.

Thanks,

Greg

skinnykenny84 said:
You'd have to find a way to stop the windshield wipers from turning on too. Seems to me that holding that lever down while trying to shift/steer at WOT might be a bit awkward. That is, unless you can find a way to make it more of a toggle switch.

Oops, I didn't remember the wipers. Yeah, I don't think this is a very realistic idea either. It would be much easier to have a steering wheel mounted push button instead.

www.alkycontrol.com
Julio has been running meth injection for years and has a ton of research in his progressive set up.
I am a firm believer in a progressive set up.
You should always have the nossle be the highest point of the system and the pump the lowest. I would also advise keeping the pump as close to the nossel as possible while keeping it lower than the alcohol cell.

so basicly I need to ditch the whole idea?! I figured it was to easy to work. So Id be better off just getting the entire kit. also what are the risks of water/alc injection, if any? and please explain the benefits (in idiot terms), want to hear it from the vendor. The website to me is a lil confusing. Do I need a certian level of mods to use or benefit from this?

Why not use a pressure switch to turn on the pump when a specific boost level is reached? Then the switch in the car can be used to turn the whole system on and off.

Got my kit from derekdevises.com. He is local to me and tuned my AEM for the meth/water injection. Very nice kits. I installed a 1 gallon tank where the stock windsheild washer tank was and then the pump is on the opposite fender same spot. Tapped jet into the TB elbow.

skinnykenny84 said:
@hat are the risks of water/alc injection, if any? and please explain the benefits (in idiot terms), want to hear it from the vendor. The website to me is a lil confusing. Do I need a certian level of mods to use or benefit from this?

Since this tread is starting to get a little off topic, I answered this question in a new thread:

Click here for the new thread

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back