The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Alberta

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey, I'm living in edmonton right now. Last summer I completed an Esi to Tsi AWD conversion of the 2gB variety...got lucky and it came with the 4 bolt rear. This summer I'm working on phase 2 which is a 2.4L bottom (hopefully 6 bolt), 2G head, cyclone dual runner intake, COP, and an HE351VE turbo. As an addendum to the turbo choice, I will be builing a standalone microcontroller to vary the vanes based on a few parameters. Aiming for 600....but will settle for 500.

Cheers.

Hey, I'm living in edmonton right now. Last summer I completed an Esi to Tsi AWD conversion of the 2gB variety...got lucky and it came with the 4 bolt rear. This summer I'm working on phase 2 which is a 2.4L bottom (hopefully 6 bolt), 2G head, cyclone dual runner intake, COP, and an HE351VE turbo. As an addendum to the turbo choice, I will be builing a standalone microcontroller to vary the vanes based on a few parameters. Aiming for 600....but will settle for 500.

Cheers.

Welcome to the neighborhood! :)

Hey guys,

From Lethbridge, have a 97 Talon TSI and a friend with a 95 Talon TSI, I have a black one his is red with a black hood.

Joel

Ive got a 92 n/t in calgary and 2 friends with 1g tsi's....whos got the red 1g, injen fmic, racing seats set up? ive seen u at timmys on the weekends :thumb: I think a meet is needed this spring! :hellyeah:

Too bad you didn't mention it yesterday haha. I wont be home till this weekend now, check for a stuck open wastegaste?

Joel

Ya I been having alot of problems with my TiAL mvs, had spring failures twice and blown diaphragm once, I just got it back from being repaired at Tial, threw it back on the car fired it up and blew my fuel feed line LOL so I replace with braided tank to to rail
line with a fuel lab filter, fired it up, had no leaks so went for a spin ad had no boost...again LOL so now I gotta pull the turbo and wastegate again LOL it's getting old but that's the life of a dsmer LOL

Hey, I'm from Red Deer. I drive a 90 awd, same user name on BoostedAlberta. Car is a 2.3l with a Holset super40 compressor and twin scroll hx35 turbine.
-Eric

From Rocky Mtn House. Bought first dsm this at the beginning of this last summer. a 1990 tsi. crashed it just before university started... boo. but found another shell (1994 n/t) and took the 1990 engine (still good) and did a swap in 5 nights (by myself with no experience), after work. I'm in edmonton now, so any edmontonians with good know-how, i'm a nube, and would always appreciate some hands-on advice.

From E-TOWN!! LOL, so yeah bought my first car back in march 2011 which turned out to be a black 96 tsi awd with about 165 000kms, pretty much everything stock, but the t25 is slowly dying... so a 14b conversion is about to happen :) seeing as i'm only 17 it's the only thing i can afford hahaahah but anyways, just dropping by to say hi to Albertan dsmers!!!!

Cheers!
-Bill

Hey guys, im in the midst of a mini build on the talon as of now, will post pics when car is up and running. Might have a 14b for sale right away here depending on how quick I upgrade my turbo, but the cheaper method might be just see how far the 14b takes me LOL. Ill let you know if im selling it:cool: But is anyone from edmonton experienced with Linkv3? Might need some tips in a little bit.

Seems like alot of edmonton and area guys, possible cruise or group tuning next month?!??

Hello everyone! I'm from Edmonton and just bought my '98 Eagle Talon tsi awd a few weeks ago :)

Rocky Mtn. House, same situation as bill, had a 1992 tsi fwd i skipped the timing belt, so moved to a 1990 tsi awd platform to start modding,

from red deer have owed 2 90 tsi awd, 2 93 es fwd, a 95 es fwd, and now have my 97 tsi awd love these cars hate there problems haha.
Anyone looking for a freshly built v3 linked 90 tsi awd ecu? I have one for sale also I am looking to by a linked 97 ecu for my new car.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just moved here from Ontario. my 1g is still in ontario too, trying to sell it out there cause the interprovintial inspection is such a pain...
would love to get a west dsm then just ship up my parts and block and scrap the rest. so hard to just get rid... how can i just get rid of the car every tuner in my area fears hehe. cant do that.

I have a buddy whos going to let me have his garage to build a dsm when i get one. anyone know where i can find a 1g with a 6 bolt for cheap? pref awd but id settle with a fwd for now. i just need to boost again!!!

I live in Calgary. Got a 97 eclipse gs that I turbo'd for now, looking to buy a tsi/gsx this summer, and rebuild the block. I'm currently designing a compound setup to go in.

Anyone who is in alberta should hit up BoostedAlberta if they haven't already. Always meets going on. Glad to know we got some dsm's crusing around.

I'm up in Fort McMurray. I just bought a 97 Talon. I'm pretty stoked.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back