The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink 2,0L Airflow per Rev

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNAKE_15

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2012
Bakersfield, California
Hello there. I know that it was stated to shoot for a .25 airflow per rev but since I have 272 kelfords, is it ok to be higher? Reason I ask is because if I leave my airflow per rev at .25 and set my fuel trims properly, I run mostly lean at idle.

You wouldn't run Lean at idle if your fuel trims were in line and airflow per rev was at .25. You can move your airflow per rev anywhere you want it and still have perfect fuel trims and whatever afr you want. It should be higher however.

You wouldn't run Lean at idle if your fuel trims were in line and airflow per rev was at .25. You can move your airflow per rev anywhere you want it and still have perfect fuel trims and whatever afr you want. It should be higher however.
i mean, it dosent stay lean all the time but it always bounces from lean to a perfect ratio. log posted below, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• log.2015.01.04-01.elg
    53.6 KB · Views: 134
in your ECUconfig menu in the MISC tab you have a box checked that should not be.
uncheck the Disable airflow smoothing with SD operation box.
maf based cars need airflow smoothing.
your average airflowperrev for that log was .24 .
i think your log looks pretty close but your airflowperrev is a bit low.
bump up the 50hz slider in mafcompadj a couple %.
maybe take away some deadtime.
its close.

in your ECUconfig menu in the MISC tab you have a box checked that should not be.
uncheck the Disable airflow smoothing with SD operation box.
maf based cars need airflow smoothing.
your average airflowperrev for that log was .24 .
i think your log looks pretty close but your airflowperrev is a bit low.
bump up the 50hz slider in mafcompadj a couple %.
maybe take away some deadtime.
its close.
Thanks. I'm not sure why that box was checked. I never messed with that. Is it normal for my air fuel ratios to jump around like that with the cams?

He's not running SD, so this box is irrelevant.

and that's why i told him to uncheck it. it should only be checked if you are running speed density. MAF based cars need airflow smoothing.
this check box IS relevent. if you leave it checked and you are not running speed density, it will mess with your tune.

a it should only be checked if you are running speed density. MAF based cars need airflow smoothing. this check box IS relevent. if you leave it checked and you are not running speed density, it will mess with your tune.
That's incorrect. Having the box checked/unchecked doesn't apply so long as your MAF is set to stock or some type of MAS.

It literally means that if that box is checked it will ONLY disable airflow smoothing with SD operation.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back