The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Air Fuel Gauge stoped working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dominasian

Proven Member
Jan 30, 2013
Aurora, Colorado
So, 5 days ago my battery died and my radio along with my turbo timer went off (AFR gauge was working). Then we decided to pull out the center dash to see where the wiring is for turbo timer. The turbo timer was hooked up to something and we disconnected the wires along with a ground wire. After putting everything back on, the AFR gauge stopped working. Do any of you have any idea what could have happen ? I have a narrow band gauge from autometer "phantom", and i know all of you gonna say get a wide band, well sorry i don't have money for it right now so i need a general idea of where i am with the mixture. Could turbo timer and AFR gauge be connected together since both work of ignition ?

Edit: we have noticed that AFR gauge stopped working after disconnecting the turbo timer. But we connected it back, and turbo timer is now working but not the AFR

Last edited:
go back make sure all the wires and connections are hooked up. one could of came loose while your were in there and got over looked.

I bought the car with the gauges, and i am not going to go with AEM, please read the description carefully.
I will try to take a look again today, its cold here so i am not even sure if i will be able to sit in my garage for more than 10 mins LOL :) anyways, i will try and see if anything got disconnected. I dont care how inaccurate they are in your cars, in my car it is accurate, we tested it and it is only off by 9% which is no big deal for a daily driver...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, it's off by WAY more than 9% all it does is read narrow band readings. That's 2v's not 5. They are USELESS, the word useless means they don't tell you anything. It's not needed and it's not 9% off I promise you that.

I'm curious, what ratio's were you using that determined it's off "9%"?

"I yanked some wire in my dash and now one of my gauges doesn't work. What's up with that?"

"Gee. I dunno. Maybe one of those wires you yanked."

ps. get a wide-band

pps. the reason why "money is tight" is that you keep buying worthless crap for your car

This forum is useless along with people here too. DO U NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TYPING ? car came with these and i didn't buy them, simply wanted to fix the gauge... i fixed it without your help because u guys are all useless... all i wanted to know is what goes where, i mean where do wires go.... figured everything my self... The reason money is tight: how about u try working full time job and pay for your entire tuition ? how about that ?

This forum is useless along with people here too. DO U NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TYPING ? car came with these and i didn't buy them, simply wanted to fix the gauge... i fixed it without your help because u guys are all useless... all i wanted to know is what goes where, i mean where do wires go.... figured everything my self... The reason money is tight: how about u try working full time job and pay for your entire tuition ? how about that ?

Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers, pretty simple. Do you understand how impossible it is for some people on a forum in other states to help you with your wiring problem when they have never seen what you have going on, and your description is "it quit working". You will never find a forum in your life that is more informative to a certain platform at this forum. If you would take the time so sit back and learn a little you would see that. So how do you gauge what your a/f ratio is when you have 10 lights ranging from lean to rich and it is 9 percent off as you say? How did you calculate this 9 percent difference? Kind of hard to calculate a percentage with a gauge that doesn't read in numbers and only has lights.

Sick of this, close this thread... don't even want to read... simple question "what could i possibly mess up in wiring so that my gauge stopped working" answer should of been "u have 4 wires that go there, there and there, check those and see if u have any disconnections." but no, u typed everything irrelevant to the post and then report me for raging, of course i am going to rage because u cant help others no matter what. Out of so many questions i asked on this forum, it either went off topic or game me completely wrong answers. Done with it, close the thread.

Problem fix: 12v wire came off the connector, opened everything up and connected it back...

Soooo, you're saying that the problem was one of the wires that you yanked and didn't put back, eh?

In best Jon-Stewart voice: "nailed it!"

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back