The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

air bag

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leinad

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 3, 2003
--_United_States
what do i do to remove the air bag so i can paint it. I was also thinging about mounting something in it to. Is there anything i should know about before messing with the air bag? Also i was thinking about mounting my s-afc inside the steering wheel, is there any problem with that?

Originally posted by Leinad
what do i do to remove the air bag so i can paint it. I was also thinging about mounting something in it to. Is there anything i should know about before messing with the air bag? Also i was thinking about mounting my s-afc inside the steering wheel, is there any problem with that?

i dont see any problems unless you have a problem with the safc being shoved into your face at 100 mph if you get into an accident

You can't mold anything in to the airbag. If you want, get a sparco steering wheel (or momo) and then put the S-AFC on that. I can't believe the differace between driving the HUGE stock wheels and the nice and small sparco ones. I was going to mount my S-AFC on my steering wheel, but I didn't want the wire to get tangled. Thats not a good place to have a wire tangle on you.

well right now it will be shoved into the passengers face if i get into a wreck. Its moutned on the passwenger side air bag. ( i bought the car off ebay and it came mounted there.) I dont like the idea of me determining the passergers injuries so id rather it be me, since i have already accepted all the possible outcomes.

"I was going to mount my S-AFC on my steering wheel, but I didn't want the wire to get tangled. Thats not a good place to have a wire tangle on you."

Have you thought of a way to keep that from happening.

what do i do to remove the air bag so i can paint i

why the hell would you wanna paint the airbag? I personally wouldnt care if the thing that blows up in my face was white or ricing yello....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back