The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

AGP turbo kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yhype

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 3, 2002
Thurmont, Maryland
Would i be able to run AGP's turbo kit without FMIC for 2-3 months? Which injectors should i get so i will have room for a good amount of imporvement? Which advantages are to the 57 & 60 trim turbos, like which has better spool time or more boost, more hp potential? :dsm: :thumb:

Originally posted by yhype
Would i be able to run AGP's turbo kit without FMIC for 2-3 months? Which injectors should i get so i will have room for a good amount of imporvement? Which advantages are to the 57 & 60 trim turbos, like which has better spool time or more boost, more hp potential? :dsm: :thumb:

Honestly this question has a million answers. Contact agp directly and have them walk you through your options.

Exactly.. the best answers are directly from the source on this one. Just give AGP a call and Im sure Ben or Kevin would be more then happy to help you with an answer.

However, if you're too lazy to call them, here is a somewhat short answer.

Q:"Can I run this kit with the stock sidemount IC?"
A: You CAN run it, but it isn't recommended. A big turbo needs a big IC. Hell, and small turbo likes a big IC. But you will be able to DRIVE the car around, but a big turbo like that needs a bigger IC to work efficiently.

Q:"Which one has more HP potential?"
A:The 60 trim or 60-1 has more HP potential. Which one will make more power in the boost range that you're actually going to use it in? Probably the 57 trim or the 50 trim. The 60-1 makes nice power starting around 27psi, and goes up from there.

Ben described it to me a while ago when another friend of mine was interested in a 60 trim or a 60-1. He said, "The smaller turbos will make great power from 20-25psi. The bigger ones like 30psi, but will make more power. How much boost does he want to run to make power?"

Most people don't want to try to run 30psi to make power. Don't buy a bigger turbo than you need just for the bling-bling factor.

Originally posted by beekbuttons
However, if you're too lazy to call them, here is a somewhat short answer.

Q:"Can I run this kit with the stock sidemount IC?"
A: You CAN run it, but it isn't recommended. A big turbo needs a big IC. Hell, and small turbo likes a big IC. But you will be able to DRIVE the car around, but a big turbo like that needs a bigger IC to work efficiently.

Q:"Which one has more HP potential?"
A:The 60 trim or 60-1 has more HP potential. Which one will make more power in the boost range that you're actually going to use it in? Probably the 57 trim or the 50 trim. The 60-1 makes nice power starting around 27psi, and goes up from there.

Ben described it to me a while ago when another friend of mine was interested in a 60 trim or a 60-1. He said, "The smaller turbos will make great power from 20-25psi. The bigger ones like 30psi, but will make more power. How much boost does he want to run to make power?"

Most people don't want to try to run 30psi to make power. Don't buy a bigger turbo than you need just for the bling-bling factor.

Agreed.

Just call 'em up! Theyre friendly...ish ;)

Yes, you can run with stock SMIC.

Depends on how fast you want to go. My 50 trim has been doing high 11s, low 12s daily driven, pump gas. Not bad. Love my AGP t3/t4 kit.

You can also get a .48 50 trim. Local guy just got one and gets full boost before 3500rpms!!!

Originally posted by Unreal
You can also get a .48 50 trim. Local guy just got one and gets full boost before 3500rpms!!!

And the back pressure is not as bad as you'd think with the 4-bolt .48 turbine housing. I know everybody likes to knock the .48 turbine housing but the new ones are better flowing than the old 5-bolt .63.

Kevin
www.agpturbo.com

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back