The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Age of DSM Owners with Modded Cars

If you have modded you DSM--how old are you

• Less than 22 years old

Votes: 253 46.2%
  • 22 to 27 years old

Votes: 154 28.1%
  • 28 to 33 years old

Votes: 90 16.4%
  • 34 to 39 years old

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • More than 39 years old

Votes: 22 4.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm 27 now. Got my first dsm when i was 14 and picked up a wrench for the 1st time when i was 16 to replace a timing belt. Wasn't until i was 20 when i got into modding.

I am 32, I have had several over years. My first DSM was a 1991 Mitsubishi GS-T which I ran a mid-11 second quarter mile with the old 14B back in 2003-2004 didn't think it was that special until I started reading the 14b drag race discussion thread a while back. I don't have the time slips any more but I still own the car which has been passed down to my little brother.
I also owned a 1990 TSI AWD around the same time which was hard on the wallet having both had to sell it with much resistance from the girlfriend as it was her main transportation at the time.
I now own a 1991 Plymouth Laser RS which had a blown head gasket when I got it about a year ago. I am in the process of completely restoring it and will be putting a build thread on here soon.
The Laser is completely lacking any kind of creature comforts and from the looks of it that is how it came from the factory. The door jamb sticker says the weight of the vehicle is 2587 lbs from the factory which I believe is a very light stock DSM.

19, currently fixing my 3rd DSM (other two ran when I bought them). It's my first FWD, I doubt I'll hang on to it long due to 1: It's FWD, and 2: I've already had 5 cars, don't hang on to them too long xP

One of these edits will get it. ;)

Got my first 1g laser when I was 17 from my Mom, needed some brake work to be road worthy. Basically for $300 got me a good first car.

It's all downhill from there, I'm 23 now and this has been my evolution. + like 10 bikes + like 20 other cars.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Got my Talon when I was 16, Sold it to by my VR4 at 17.

Now 18:)

I'm 69, had this car about 20 yrs. Don't know if Tuna has chimed in or not. He's older than dirt!!!

I will be 30 in 12 days. Bought my 95 gst as my birthday present to myself last year and brought it back from the dead. Now I have a donor car in the garage that I am taking apart for a awd swap into my gst!

17, Got my first (current GST) dsm about 3 weeks after I turned 17. Feel's weird commenting on a post that's more than half my age.

Bought my first 3 DSM's at 18. I built my forged bottom end before I could legally drink. In fact, my TSi was the "drunk bus" on my 21st birthday (wife driving).

But alas, at the ripe age of 22 I need something I can fall asleep in while driving to 24/7 Bingo. My VR4 gets the job done, I just wish it had more room for carpooling to Country Buffet.

First dsm at 17. 1995 gsx with a cyclone 6 bolt swap. Rust bucket with a custom orange paint and Brian O'Connor body kit haha . Pretty dam fast but was I was uneducated and broke. Didn't have $$ for dsmlink and the car would intermittently throw p0300 and limp mode. But I hotrodded the %$# out of it blew the trans, fixed it and traded it for a POS 300zx that I had for a week then went to the dark side and had Honda for a few years now back home at 22 with a 1995 tsi awd :) will post pictures later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my first dsm at age 17. I had 2 Ford probes before that and blew one up and traded the other for my 1993 talon dl 1.8l. It was clean 5 speed and had a sunroof. It was that real nice titanium color they came in for 2 years on the 1gb. I really miss that car. I wish I had the same one just awd turbo.

Im 26 now and have a 1996 GSX I DD. I have been through a magnitude of dsms over the years including 1 fully built. I can't seem to get away from the game. Ive played with other platforms and some I consider better but this is the core of what I know and still love these cars. Im not on the EVO band wagon like everyone else either. They are a sweet car and would own one but theres is just something about these that appeal to me more.

Im not on the EVO band wagon like everyone else either. They are a sweet car and would own one but theres is just something about these that appeal to me more.

Same goes for me, Used to love evo's but now I'm actually more of a fan of wrx's (no hate'n.....) in the regards of 4 door saloons.

I got my first DSM back in 2010 when I was 21, it was a 92 Talon ESI auto. I paid way way to much for it (4k) but it was the cleanest dsm I'd ever seen. Sold it not long after for a huge loss and vowed I'd never come back.......
Year later I found myself looking for another dsm regardless of my tight budget. By 23 I had got a free rusty and beat up 92 tsi awd 5 speed shell. Gone through the whole thing now and she's mostly up and running.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back