The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Aftermarket valve cover...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThunderChild

Supporting VIP
Jan 5, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
I think the FF went up in price. I always thought it was under priced for what it is, until the recent adjustment. His parts are amazing.

This one on ebay is half the cost of the FF and looks pretty decent.

By the time you prep/coat your stock cover, add fittings, and deal with the baffles, you would be right around that same ebay price. Depending on what parts of the process you do or dont do yourself, the cost could easily exceed 350.

So Id say 350 for a cover ready to go done right with good clean baffles for 350 isnt too bad at all- I heard from a local guy who had one of the AER covers in his hands that the quality was great. IDK about that green though.

@EVLGSX I agree with you. I was looking at getting a ffab cover for a while, but they're crazy spendy, and this is about half that cost with alot of good features listed. They look great, I messaged the seller about different color options and other things, we'll see what I hear back.

I may pick one up just to review it, and aftermarket VC for an ok price seems like a pretty good thing to me, vs trying to find stockers that aren't cracked already. And the avg price for a stock cover keeps creeping up. I snag any that I find, but they're getting harder to find. This seemed like a good middle ground option.

It would look so much better without the ugly lettering on it, but I guess the cost of modifying a stock unit is just not worth it anymore. All of the features here add up to over $500 if you're using a stock core - it's better to just go billet at that stage. And with a used valve cover you can never be sure how well it was done - did they take the time to remove the baffles, did they make sure there's no debris in there before coating, did they seal it off properly so powder doesn't get in there? It's so easy to make a bad modified valve cover that people just avoid them.

@ThunderChild report back on different color options. I honestly would like it if it were just unpainted the most. I think the pricing is definitely there and the baffles look good too

I just hate the color and the archaic form of aero but I assume that's the seller's calling card

I've been in touch with the seller, and he says he can offer hyper silver, dark silver, black and raw finishes.

I'll see what he can do with the raw finish (that's what I'd like as well) and maybe grab one to do a review.

Some of the features are thicker material/gasket rails, adapter fittings, threaded oil cap, custom viton VC gasket, etc.

Im excited to check one out!

I don't think I can wait for your review... Hyper silver would match my mustang rims...

"oh Paycheck, Paycheck! Wherefore art thou Paycheck?"
Currently he doesn't offer all the color options due to the economic situation at hand, but given enough interest I'm sure he would eventually. I'll see what he says in reply once he gets a raw one done.

Just ordered my raw finish valve cover, the seller has been extremely communicative and very helpful throughout the process. I should have it sometime early in July, and I will try to post a review of it sometime soon after!

Excited to try this thing out and see if it's a good piece!

Theres a big paint defect in the middle on the front side. If i were to spend that kind of money it better be perfect and cook my breakfast for an entire year

Ooops looked a little closer it was a glare sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought mine in hyper silver. Won't be able to see it until after Christmas. But that's just the nature of working remote I suppose

@ThunderChild did you receive yours and do you have any updates?

I did, and overall it's good. I got it installed, but had an issue with the catch can/pcv system I had, so bought parts to upgrade to a -10an/calan setup, but haven't had time to do any of the work.

Moving, new baby prep, new job(s), otheraother priorities andland of time in general are in the way currently.

Updates from the people who got these? I actually just stumbled across these and made a thread about them myself. Good to see others have checked them out as well.

Mine is waiting at home for me. I can post pics next week sometime although my catch cans are in Portland so I can't put it on the car just yet.

Should look wicked with my mishimoto catch cans and stainless STM allen bolts. I too am going with a 10an calan catch can setup

Here are some images of it fresh out of the box. Purple an fittings and blue anodized stainless allen bolts included. Oil cap is aluminum. Looks like the AER logo is only on gas cap and purple fittings.

I included my phenix raw fittings to give an idea of what it will look like.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Nope! And now that I look at the ebay pics that appears to just be a cnc logo piece he puts on his products as an identifier. The logo is much more appreciable when it's out of the way and subtle as it is here.

I won't be using the powder blue stainless allen bolts. The raw stainless from STM will be more on theme. So PM me if you want them. I will likely just sell them for postage.

Here is your comparisons!

Baffle to bottom- 1 1/4" both
Wall thickness:
AER- 10mm.
Stock- 8mm

Oil cap diameter 15mm idk what the thread is I dont have that tool.

Stock height- 40mm
Aer height- 50mm

(Sorry my caliper is metric)

I tried to take a pic in my living room because my work bench is a MESS right now as I'm getting ready for the turbo swap. Hopefully you can see the difference

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back