The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Aftermarket TB with fmic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedicine

Proven Member
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto, ON_Canada
Hello

Just wondering if anyone knows who sells a throttle body pipe for a fmic that doesn’t have the bolt on flange. I’m running the S90 throttle body and the fmic kit I has came with a bolt on flange. Thinking I could cut the flange and just get a lip welded on it but wanted to check first

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I was able to cut mine with a haxsaw blade perfectly. Actually so good that it left the weld on the piping to act as a bead lock. Just make sure you sand it some if it comes out sharp. I have the punishment piping kit with a rebuilt s90 74mm with high boost seal and it works great!

I would either modify the upper pipe to have an elbow and use a straight coupler or get a coupler that has the correct bend for you.

Personally, I hate the old style bolt-on flange, as it's just another gasket to replace when I need to get the elbow out of the way. I run a non-turbo throttle body with a larger diameter pipe welded on (3" UICP)... there might be pics in my gallery.

In any case, throw out the old flange/elbow, they suck anyway 🤣

I was in a similar situation and cut the flange and used a silicone coupler. For security I took it to a local performance shop that can bead roll a little seam on the end giving your clamps extra strength. Only $8 a pipe so I had him do a few for me

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back