The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Aftermarket Steering Wheel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I replaced my stock wheel with a quick release setup, if you go that route make sure you can pull on it with your full strength. Not all wheels are equal and a lot of ebay ones bend/come apart with enough force. Plenty of videos of people ripping them apart on youtube. This may result in death if it happens at the wrong moment. You want one where the inner spokes and the outer hoop are all one piece of metal. Don't cheap out on the quick release unless you've got a real death wish. Not gonna recommend any particular company, but consider spending more than $30 for something your life depends on.
I've got long legs so the extra 3 inches or so that the quick release adds to the column puts the wheel in a much more comfortable position.
To install I I ended up having to remove the horn/cruise control winding that is directly behind the stock wheel and allows the electrical connections for stock CC horn and airbag to be maintained while spinning the wheel. Still don't have a horn wired up but I don't think it would be that hard. Most mounts and quick releases have contact points for the horn wiring.
Also note that when you remove the wheel airbag, your passenger airbag will no longer work as the entire SRS system deactivates when a fault is detected anywhere in the system. Obviously all of this is at your own risk.

I've looked there before. They have nice products and decent prices. My main issue with them is that they advertise most of those wheels as universal parts. But different cars can have different steering splines...
You have to buy the correct splined adaptor. From there you can bolt the wheel directly on or add spacers or a quick release. Any wheel will work as long as the bolt pattern matches the adaptor.

I've got an NRG setup in my 95 I love it for the short hub quick release and wheel it was around 300 and the horn wire up is simple I'll see if I can find the thread on here for the it. I know there's 4 10 or 12mm bolts to remove the airbag and the nut to remove the steering wheel is a 19mm I believe. It takes a little pulling but it's easy.

ngr products are actually good.i have their steering wheel hub spacer and adapter. they are direct fit just make sure to turn wheel to 12 and get some loctite for the 6 bolt hub. if you get a flat steering wheel be sure to pick up a spacer or your fingers will hit the side levers on the steering column.

Just don't get a short hub. Get a regular hub (MOMO), Chinese knockoffs have lots of flex, and the wheel and be done. If you go with the short hub that's when the headache of clearance issues comes into play. If detachable im sure you can ignore all the mentioned L O L

I apologize you guys there is a clerical error in my other post. The company is NRG Innovations. I got my BOV from NGR. NGR has very good prices and the quality is suprisingly good. I would say they will probably start raising their prices of their parts in the next couple of year's due to having a good reputation on quality. But i still recommend researching their products for yourself before buying. This is a good option for a build on a budget like mine.

heres some pics of mine.

Attachments

• 20210318_100739.jpg
    20210318_100739.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 20210318_100814.jpg
    20210318_100814.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 20210318_100824.jpg
    20210318_100824.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 91
I apologize you guys there is a clerical error in my other post. The company is NRG Innovations. I got my BOV from NGR. NGR has very good prices and the quality is suprisingly good. I would say they will probably start raising their prices of their parts in the next couple of year's due to having a good reputation on quality. But i still recommend researching their products for yourself before buying. This is a good option for a build on a budget like mine.

My NRG quick release still has zero play even after 2 years of being taken on and off every time I park the car

as a side note removing the wheel and taking it in with you is a theft deterrent

My NRG quick release still has zero play even after 2 years of being taken on and off every time I park the car

as a side note removing the wheel and taking it in with you is a theft deterrent

That's no lie some a$$hat tried to steal my eclipse from my apartment and got right back out when he saw there was no wheel in it watched the whole thing on my camera

Momo wheel with matching Momo hub on my gfs Spyder. I initially bought the "Cheaper" hub adapter on Ebay, fitment was crap and you can literally wiggle the wheel on it if you put enough pressure. I didn't even want to imagine what would happen if it felt the slightest impact. Momo/momo is solid as hell with ZERO play. My buddy has an NRG setup on his 1g. I wouldn't feel safe with the way that thing felt LOL
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back