The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Aftermarket oil return drain line. Turbo to oil pan. Anybody?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMRevolution

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 6, 2002
Sioux Falls, South_Dakota
I hate installing the J pipe on my 14b turbo to oil pan. It is such a pain. I don't know if its bent or what, but I have had to install it 3 times now and everytime it takes me about 1 hour just to get everything lined up correctly to bolt up. Is there any aftermarket SS drain pipe lines? I know that there is a oil feed line, but everywhere I search I can't find a drain line. Does anybody make these custom? Thanks

I'd also like to know. The stock one is a major pain in the ass. When I installed my 16g, I got every thing back together except that stupid drain line. I fought with it for about an hour, then gave up in frustration and got it the next day after I'd calmed down some.

If there isn't one, it would be nice if one of the DSM vendors would fab one up for everyone. I'm sure they'd sell quite a few.

I know. I was about to cut mine at the ends and just install a hose insted of the flex etc. It would have worked because its not under pressure, but it was too ghetto for me.

just cut the pipe get double braided SS lines from ealrs that they use for fuel on afpr like sx or aero and then get 2 small clamps and use that or get a the fittings for your turbo and a SS line. i know of a shop that has them. also www.prostreetonline.com has them but they are expensive. the fittings and SS line only runs about 70 bux.

Originally posted by DSMRevolution
I know. I was about to cut mine at the ends and just install a hose insted of the flex etc. It would have worked because its not under pressure, but it was too ghetto for me.

I was about to do the same thing just before I finally got it on.

The oil return was the most frustrating thing of my 16G install. I thought I was an idiot because it was taking me forever to do 4 little bolts. Now I see we're all idiots, and it makes me feel better. :thumb:

or get a 1x3 inch square of brass thats about .5 inch thick and cut that out in a diamond shape with rounded corners. Then thread it and screw in a .5inch pipe threaded thing and put a hose from the turbo to that. Its really esay, costs like 15 dollars

I would just with the AGP or SBR SS oil return line. That is if you don't want to fab up anything on your own.

I am going with the SBR oil return line cause I didn't feel like modifying the stock return tube enough to fit on my GT10.

So is it possible to just hack the ends off the stock piece and just put a rubber line in between? I am sure you could just becuz there isnt any pressure there just draining but I am just making sure.

well you could just use rubber line but i would recomend earls SS fuel line double braided. its about 7 dollars a foot.

but why ss, i would understand if it was under pressure but its not. (or is it) I would think just regular fuel line would work wouldnt it??

Just make sure the diameter is large enough. Yes, it's under no pressure, so the area has to be large enough to flow the oil back to the pan with just gravity providing the force. I would go no less than the inside diameter of the stock line.

Originally posted by Z1500
We sell a nice, easy to instal,l 100% pure stainless oil drain line. $60 with gaskets. Call or e-mail us.

Kevin
www.agpturbo.com

Question for you, does your SS oil drain line have slack in it? I am asking because Im curious if it would work well for the 4g64 block, since it is taller, the oil drain line needs to be a little bit longer than on a 63 block.

Our oil drain lines have some slack in them. We make different ones for different turbos. Since you have a mitsu turbo you would get the one made for that. Nobody to answer the phone at AGP on monday, our secretary works tuesday-friday. E-mail [email protected]

Kevin

Get a good oil return line. I had a kink in my rubber tube style return line on the way up to the S.O this weekend. The line swelled and completely prevented the oil from returning to the pan. The oil pressure built up and pushed past the drain flange gasket and thrust bearing pushing oil out the exhaust. So now I have another potentially blown turbo.

Originally posted by jdmawd
Get a good oil return line. I had a kink in my rubber tube style return line on the way up to the S.O this weekend. The line swelled and completely prevented the oil from returning to the pan. The oil pressure built up and pushed past the drain flange gasket and thrust bearing pushing oil out the exhaust. So now I have another potentially blown turbo.

Holy f*cking chr*st you have the worst luck.:(

I used the stock pipe minus the metal flex section.Replace that w/ HI TEMP grn/red Heater hose .No problem since (1yr)and when hot its not squeshy.Works great on my B16G.I bought 4 new ones from the dealer and the same problem occured.

there is no reason to use some braided ss line on it. just do what i said. get a piece of brass or something like that, a soft alloy. cut it out in this kind of shape <> 1x2 inches. thread a .5inch hole into it and get a male-male .5 inch pipe thread fitting and screw it into the brass then run a .5inch ID rubber hose from the oil pan to a barbed fitting on the bottom of the turbo. If you have no barbed fitting get a fitting to bolt onto the bottom of the turbo and get a 45 degree barbed fitting that is about3/8 or 7/16 or something like that so it is tough to get the rubber hose over it, then hose clamp each end and your done. simple

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back