The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Aftermarket oil pressure gauge not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttravis88t

Proven Member
Jul 25, 2021
Jacksonville, Florida
(1997 Eclipse GST 7 bolt) Hello, so I have an aftermarket oil pressure gauge hooked up to a gauge pillar. The other day, I was experiencing weird oil pressure numbers and since the car was running fine, I assumed I had a bad ground or maybe a bad power wire that would be throwing off the readings near the sending unit (I’ve heard this is a common thing.) so I disconnected the power line for the sending unit that wires into the car and took some excess wiring to hook it directly to my battery to test and see if that would cause any change in the numbers. Well, I started the car and the gauge doesn’t work, it powers on, but it just sits at 100. Anyone have any ideas?

Check the wiring going to the sending unit. It may be grounded somewhere, giving you a maximum reading.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back