The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Aftermarket oil pan

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YungTlon

5+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2018
Pueblo, Colorado
Hell all(;
I have read the many post made in the past about the Moroso oil pan. I like the quality of Moroso stuff as my dad is a v8 guy and has a handful of Moroso objects on his car. My main concern is I have heard more bad things about this pan than good. With that being said I also realize that these post range from 2-16 years ago. My main questions are about if they have fixed previous issues . Has anyone ran this pan RECENTLY and not had any issues ? The questions I’m looking for answers to are :

did they fix the arp main stud clearance issue or am I going to have to beat my brand new pan with a hammer ?

Any leaking issues involving poor quality control? (Broken/cracked welds, pan out of straight , etc.)

any other complaints with the pan as a whole?

thanks everyone !

I only have 2 “complaints” about mine.

1.) Minimal clearance over the driver side fore-aft frame member. Clearance on mine measures about 0.125”. That is with Avid motor mounts. You could have a little more or less depending on the motor mounts.

2.) I don’t see how you could get this pan off with the engine in the car.

There’s a lot I don’t know about this pan because I didn’t do the install. That was done by the engine builder at English Racing. The pan wasn’t my idea. English Racing wanted it, for the baffles around the pick-up area. Which I was comfortable with because we had the same thing on old Alfas.

My engine does have ARP Main Studs and a Kiggly girdle.

I do my oil changes with an oil extractor, rather than draining through the drain plug. The extractor tube seems to go to the bottom of the pan ok without running into anything. So that works as far as I know.

My pan is from 2015.

Last edited:
I only have 2 “complaints” about mine.

1.) Minimal clearance over the driver side fore-aft frame member. Clearance on mine measures about 0.125”. That is with Avid motor mounts. You could have a little more or less depending on the motor mounts.

2.) I don’t see how you could get this pan off with the engine in the car.

There’s a lot I don’t know about this pan because I didn’t do the install. That was done by the engine builder at English Racing. But I don’t think there are any like dents in the bottom of it from clearance issues. The pan wasn’t my idea. English Racing wanted it, for the baffles around the pick-up area. Which I was comfortable with because we had the same thing on old Alfas.

My engine does have ARP Main Studs and a Kiggly girdle.

I do my oil changes with an oil extractor, rather than draining through the drain plug. The extractor tube seems to go to the bottom of the pan ok without running into anything. So that works as far as I know.

My pan is from 2015.

thanks for your experience/ input . Will keep what you say in mind !

I think Moroso accounts for studs in the main caps IRRC.
My stock but "modified" pan doesnt look beat up at all but if you are looking for more oil volume then a aftermarket pan is the thing just do your research as you have.
I have used many Moroso parts/pans/VC's etc in my times and they are quality products.

Do they use an extended pickup, do you know?

Do they use an extended pickup, do you know?

from my understanding they are stock pickup. Also have to run a 2g pickup since I can’t get my hands on a 6 bolt one . But the 7 bolt pickup will clear the stock pan all day so I’m not too worried about it as long as Moroso follows the stock pan decently close . Only reason I’m so hesitant to order is because of a lack of income since I’ve been layed off . I’m down to go broke for the car I just wanna make sure the part will be all it’s cracked up to be , you know how it goes !

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back