The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

After market Crank

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

link16

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 21, 2006
Parkville, Maryland
Where can I get an after market crankshaft, if I need one? I plan to run 16-20psi but the machine shop said that it was an aluminum crank in a steel block, and that it most likely won't support over 15psi.

Howell sells billet cranks for both their 2.2L stroker, and the standard 2.0L application.

But before you go spending $1,000 on nothing... these cranks aren't made of aluminum. They'd be a lot lighter if they were; in fact, one fell on my bare foot once, so I know just how heavy they are! The point is, they can handle much more than 15psi. You almost never hear of someone busting their crank because of too much HP.

Okay, I will tell the machine shop guy to sit on it, he couldn't get my crank out because he did not have the special tool. I thought that was odd, but he is the best in MD from what I hear. Thanks again Paul.

The best machinist in MD, and he cannot pull the crank or tell the difference between steel and aluminum?

I suggest you not let him stick his fingers much more into it. Definitely don't give him any more money. I wouldn't even let him reassemble what he has taken apart so far.

Wow.

Yeah, i'd probably walk in veerrryy slloowwwllyy, Pick up each item veerrryyy sllloowwwlly, and back out veerrryyy slloowwllyy. If you're too brisk he may try and help...:nono:

If thats what he HONESTLY said... I'd report him to the BBB. No sense in another guy, even a honda guy, getting misinformed because some retard doesn't know what he's doing. I don't doubt you man, there have been mis-communications before...I can NOT imagine an engine builder saying that...
I mean, I guess I can but Its almost too much to believe...

Just dont waste any more of your time. Find a good machine shop and assemble the motor yourself with the help of Haynes. They at least have somewhat of a clue what they're doing...

Yeah, i'd probably walk in veerrryy slloowwwllyy, Pick up each item veerrryyy sllloowwwlly, and back out veerrryyy slloowwllyy. If you're too brisk he may try and help...:nono:

If thats what he HONESTLY said... I'd report him to the BBB. No sense in another guy, even a honda guy, getting misinformed because some retard doesn't know what he's doing. I don't doubt you man, there have been mis-communications before...I can NOT imagine an engine builder saying that...
I mean, I guess I can but Its almost too much to believe...

Just dont waste any more of your time. Find a good machine shop and assemble the motor yourself with the help of Haynes. They at least have somewhat of a clue what they're doing...

Yeah, grab your stuff, and walk out backwards verry slowly, perhaps with squinty eyes and one eyebrow raised, but don't say a word!

But yeah, our cranks are fairly heavy. I'd say assemble it yourself or find a better shop.

See here is the deal, my friend is dealing with this guy, not me. He said the guy didn't have the tool to get the crank out, because he mostly does chevy big blocks and honda engines. He quoted me $250 to pull it all apart put the new stuff in, and reassemble it. He lowered the quote after confirming it was a perfectly "brand new" Jasper engine. It has already been overbored and the like, he is now charging me $100 to do it all. My mechanic is putting it all in my car for $450, than I will finish the turbo myself.

:tease: Heh heh. This thread makes me giggle! Guy, who cares about the $100 deal, grab your crap and get out of there. How is he doing the work without his "special tool", LOL? What's he gonna do about the aluminum...........oh nevermind, this is all too easy. Don't let this guy do the work. He does not know what he is doing.

MB

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back