The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

After 6 years, I'm back with another DSM.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catbox_95

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2004
Conroe, Texas
In 2006 I sold my '95 Talon TSi fwd and have been out of the scene, until this weekend. After my long extensive search, I finally found THE car. And in Texas, DSM's aren't very popular so they are few and far between.

It is a 1998 Eagle Talon TSi awd automatic with leather. Timing belt recently replaced and transmission recently replaced. 100% bone stock, not a single mod on it! Bought it from a lady who bought it from her sister, who bought it brand new back in 1998. It's the ideal story, isn't it? Last year of the Talon, and after 14 years it's never seen a single modification? Now that's rare! It is in excellent condition, very well taken care of, and everything works. Original stereo, a/c blows cold, cruise control, etc. Never been wrecked and only very minor parkinglot dings.

Attachments

• IMAG1271.jpg
    IMAG1271.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 43
Super Jealous, Hands down...I glad it is in good hands tho. Welcome back, and can't wait to see become something great!

P.s. I have been searching up and down in Texas for the last past 8 months, and I hear what you mean, with DSMs are HARD to find here!!!!

Thanks guys. Man, I forgot how active and friendly dsmtuners was! It's good to be back.

No, USPS didn't deliver it. LOL I had to drive 8 hours round trip to get it, but well worth the trip.

Yeah, I usually take tons of pictures, but that's actually the only one I have so far. I'll get more up as things progress.

Nice, I hear ya on the 2g's there virtually non existent in my area. I've seen One in the past year that's it, I remember seeing an all stock 98 talon tsi awhile back....knew I should have snapped that up!
Looks amazing.....almost one of those cars that shouldn't be tampered with.....ALMOST. ;)
Welcome back.

Congrats man! It's so hard to find clean non modded tsi!!! I got my 95 with 71k all original from a guy who bought at the dealership in 95!! :) good luck!

That's a forum name I haven't seen in a while. Nice find.

Couldn't stay away from dsm' forever..LOL.. glad your back in the game and to come back with such a fine example of a tsi..congrats

Thanks everyone. My plans for this one are not quite as radical as with my last one. I had fun tearing up my '95 Talon, making it barely streetable, no a/c for light-weight, etc. I guess I'm getting older or whatever, but this time around I want to keep it more tame and hi-class.

I'm not going to gut it. In fact, the factory stereo is still in which, which matches the redish dash lighting, and sports a cd AND tape deck! LOL And it works very well, so while the first thing I would usually do to a car is put a stereo in it, I'm going to keep the factory unit in it. I'll replace the speakers, but keep them in the factory location and no woofers or amps.

A/C, power steering, power everything... That all stays. I'm going to put some wheels on it, and that will be the only exterior appearance mod I make. I am a big fan of efficiency / light-weight, so I've been trying to figure out what I can absolutely live without. I took out the spare tire and jack and tools, rear window wiper and wiper motor, and rear window washer tank. I can't imagine for the life of me why a car needs a rear window wiper, much less with a washer. :rolleyes:

My first order of business is to go through all the DSM basics and do some preventive maintenance. It appears to have been very well taken care of, and the timing belt is even new. I'll do some basics right away, like spark plugs (which it is in desperate need of. Someone thought Autolite 63's were the way to go, gapped at like .040.), brakes, shocks, air breather, pcv valve breather, plug wires, fresh fluids, etc. Then it will be on to DSMTuners' "Stage 0" mods.

As an end result, I plan on getting to between 375 and 400 hp. I will not sacrifice any driveability for performance this time though. I'll just take my time and enjoy it at each stage. Miss my '95, but loving this car! :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back