The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G AFR running rich.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havoch

Proven Member
Apr 15, 2019
Mission, BC_Canada
I'll be out doing some testing but wanted to make sure I have the right train of thought.
I was running rich and diagnosed a bad o2 sensor (stock). I replaced it and my AFR's, as noted by my AEM wideband, got better but not great. As I drove it for a bit I noticed that on decel with foot off the accelerator pedal I would still get some rich readings, around 13 or so but if I am not mistaken my AFR'S should go completely off the chart lean as the injectors should be off. This is the case with my 1g but not this car. Obviously there could be multiple reasons for this but let's cover all the bases.

I am going to start with these
Possible issues....

IPS not working ( 2g TPS)
Stuck open injector
Bad valve seals
Turbo seals leaking
Anything else I should check?

Thanks

Just for info this is in a 93 colt Vista with a 2g 2.0T swap using a 98 ECU currently.

Sounds like an issue with the TPS. It has been a long time since I was running a stock ECU, but I think the only things that factor into overrun fuel cut are coolant temp and the idle switch. With ECMLink you can simulate it but it's really easy to adjust it properly and I'm not aware of any reliability concerns with the stock sensor.

If you haven't already, check out this thread for info on adjusting the 2g TPS: https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/how-to-adjust-the-throttle-position-sensor-tps.324431/

Thanks for the advice.... I checked out the TPS and all seems fine. Fair amount of blue smoke at idle right now so I'm leaning towards bad turbo seals or bad valve stem seals.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back