The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

AFR on racegas... PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeak10686

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 18, 2004
omaha, Nebraska
Alright guys here is the question... I should be running 105 octane gas at the track and would really like to know how many pounds i should be able to push out of the car... AND ALSO what my air fuel ratio should be out of my LM1.... here is the list of my mods

3 inch exhaust
Dejon tool intake/ filter
550cc Injectors
Safc
Mitsu head gasket
Arp headstuds
Innovate motorsports LM1
small 16g turbo...
Act 2600
Supra sidemount...

Just give me an amount of boost that I could push out of it, and also on race gas what my Air fuel should be...

I also might run a 55 shot to it and would like to know how much boost i could run with that... just a few questions thanks for the help

Happy tuning - Andrew-

On that turbo I would shoot for around 22-23lbs of boost and on race gas shoot for 11.8-12.0 A/F ratio

Now with nitrous, start out at a low boost and work your way up, monitoring knock and A/F, keep the A/F conseritive, say like 11.2-11.4 A/F.

I have learned that anything leaner then 12.0 I have not made any more power, so why go leaner? makes sense to keep it alittle on the rich side to save the motor.

On my 11.1 @130mph pass I was running 10.6 A/F ratio!!! OMG pig ass rich I know, and that was on c16 race gas.

good luck man.
-Jake

is that the safepoint on that turbo... like 22 pounds??? i hsould probably get some arp head studs...

andrew, get your ARPs and HG first....

after that, on the 16g, 20psi is a nice number for it....if your of nitrous, then like they said, start low boost and work your way up tuning conservatively.....i remember running 24 psi on my old 16g and as strong as it felt, i dont think that would be in a 16g's efficiency range

is 105 the highest you can get? If so then run that. But if you can get 110 or 114 get that.

On 110 leaded my afr was 12.5:1 at 26psi dropping really fast (look at graphs), and made 338awhp. You have to multiply by 1.17 to get what a dynojet would read. But anyway, on pump gas i am around 11.5:1

Also the 16g the higher boost you run will make more torque but not more power, 24psi is about the limit on making more power but i kept making more torque as the boost went up. But it dropped off so fast, this is why i turned it up so boost would stay above 20psi longer. Anyway with 110 id shoot for 24psi and around 12.3:1 afr as long as timing is still good. But dont lissen to us, go run the car and see how it reacts to each psi, thats what i did. Here are my dyno charts for race gas, this was a 110/93 mix

Torque and HP
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Boost and AFR
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

sorry they are a little blury but you get the idea, and get a fmic.

i believe that i am going to be getting a supra sidemount... now secondly... do you think it would alright for me to get a pocketlogger instead of the wideband... or should i just save up the extra money and buy myself a wideband...

squeak10686 said:
i believe that i am going to be getting a supra sidemount... now secondly... do you think it would alright for me to get a pocketlogger instead of the wideband... or should i just save up the extra money and buy myself a wideband...

Id get a logger, and tune for best timing. Wideband is good but both are better.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back