The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Aeromotive FPR, rebuild or buy new?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horizontalkev

Supporting VIP
Jun 28, 2010
great bend, Kansas
My Aeromotive FPR is no longer allowing adequate/steady enough fuel pressure to even allow me to start the car.. Should I just completely replace the FPR or would a rebuild kit (new diaphragm) from summitracing be just as good? Thanks

Depends on what is wrong with the FPR. Honestly though, pretty much the only thing that can go wrong with them from normal use is the diaphragm. Aside from breaking something on it that is. You should take it apart and check to see how the diaphragm looks. If it looks torn and nasty, that's most likely the problem.

Also make sure to check for external leaks, both at the FPR and at the rest of the car. The FPR can't hold pressure if the pump can't put out enough fuel because of a leak or other fuel related issue. You can check this with the car off by pressurizing the system at the diagnostic port.

That said, a new diaphragm will probably only be about $5-10. Might as well try that before buying a new one. Besides, if it doesn't fix it, you will have a spare for the new FPR and only be out a small amount of cash.

Hope this helps!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back