The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

aeromotive afpr

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinhill98gst

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 1, 2007
White bEAR laKE, Minnesota
I picked up a aermotive AFPR today and I have a few questions. Im running a 255 walbro pump with 550cc injectors, and i know for a 2g base fuel psi is 43.6psi (off vfaq.com) im going to be running 18 pounds of boost and im running bc 272 cams(if that matters),whats a safe fuel pressure to run at? im lost.. im going to logging and i have a EGT to manage (still saving for wideband):hmm: i never messed with fuel psi before i'm tuning with a SAFC. Can some one kinda give me an idea what to do after having it all installed. sorry i'm a noob yet.

There's really no reason to run higher fuel pressure with that boost and your inj, so just set it to 43-44 psi.

Sometimes higher pressure is run to compensate for too small of inj. Check out the calculator part way down to see what diff pressure does. RC Fuel Injection

Running 52 psi would turn the 550s into 600s if you needed the headroom and wanted to run up to 24-26 psi. Road Race Engineering's Eclipse Fuel Delivery Upgrades Check the table part way down to see what inj sizes are recommended for diff boost levels.

There's really no reason to run higher fuel pressure with that boost and your inj, so just set it to 43-44 psi.

Sometimes higher pressure is run to compensate for too small of inj. Check out the calculator part way down to see what diff pressure does. RC Fuel Injection

Running 52 psi would turn the 550s into 600s if you needed the headroom and wanted to run up to 24-26 psi. Road Race Engineering's Eclipse Fuel Delivery Upgrades Check the table part way down to see what inj sizes are recommended for diff boost levels.
;
That is a GRRREEATT link :applause::applause::applause: BOOKMARKED!!!!!!:thumb:

btw thanks for sharing that bro, to some of us those formulas are golden!

With the 255 you need the AFPR or you risk overrunning the stock regulator.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back