The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

General AEM Wideband

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiNiST3R

15+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2004
NorCal, California
Ok I just installed my AEM Wideband the readings I get at idle and crusing are around 14.5-15.2 It just jumps around them, setting while I cruse its about the same. (The jumping around I think might be becuase of the Comp101200's but not sure)

Also at WOT should I aim for 11.5 or 11.1 and why?

Thanks for your feed back. FYI I'm using SAFC, PocketLogger, and AEM wideband to tune, log.

Also I'm in CAL so really guess I answerd my own question starting at about 11.5 and check for timing/knock and work my way down to 11.1

The jumping around on the wideband is the O2 sensor cycling in closed loop. The ECU add's and takes away fuel while at idle and at cruise based off the feedback from the O2 sensor. As far as the A/F ratio, you want it to been as lean as possible without getting any detonation. Every car is different and there is no magic number as to what to tune for. Some cars like a little more fuel and some like a little less.

I would dial your boost in to where you want it and start rich on the fuel settings, then start taking fuel away little by little until you see some knock and then put a hair more fuel back in to get rid of the knock.

Just be careful. If you don't really feel comfortable doing this, take it to someone and have it tuned by a professional. You can really do some damage if you don't know what you're doing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back