The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

AEM Wideband Scaling in ECMlink

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kurt Holsinger

Probationary Member
Aug 16, 2015
Farmington, New_Mexico
Hello everyone,

I got my AEM 30-4100 UEGO installed in the factory O2 location. I also confirmed that the gauge is operating and I'm getting a good signal to ECMlink. Now I want to make sure that the voltage is displaying the proper A/F ratio.

You do this by adding the sensor to captured values and then displaying it in the log. You then right click the logged value in the legend and adjust preferences for your wideband. My question is: What is the proper way to set the min and max ranges for voltage and lambda?

I have searched, believe me I have searched. There is one video for linear WB calibration here but it is set to private so I can't watch it: http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/ecmlink-linear-wb-calibration.428702/

There are options in ECMlink to select the AEM wideband pulldown, or some just use the generic linear wideband option.

ECMlink recommends to do this for AEM gauages (http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/aemwb):
Says one use found this to be accurate:
Min Voltage: 0.0
Min lambda: 0.65 (gasoline A/F ratio of 9.55:1)
Max Voltage: 4.99
Max lambda: 1.32 (gasoline A/F ratio of 19.43:1)

Or for the Linwideband setting ECMlink recommends to do this (http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/linearitems):
Says one use found this to be accurate:
Min Voltage: Whatever is displayed by RawLinwideband in your vehicle in forced openloop
Min lambda: 0.75 (gasoline A/F ratio of 11.0:1)
Max Voltage: Whatever is displayed by RawLinwideband in your vehicle in forced openloop
Max lambda: 1.0 (gasoline A/F ratio of 14.7:1)

The AEM installation manual says:
Min Voltage: 0.0
Min lambda: 0.68 (gasoline A/F ratio of 10.0:1)
Max Voltage: 4.99
Max lambda: 1.36 (gasoline A/F ratio of 19.98:1)

I used this same sensor in my supercharged Jeep SRT8 and it was calibrated by using the AEM manual settings with a tutorial found at this video:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This worked great for me. I tuned it for 11.3:1 at 9-10 psi on my 6.1 Hemi with no issues. So I'm inclined to just input these values into ECMlink and go with it. But I'm curious what the DSM gurus have to say about it.

Last edited:
Alright so here's my thinking at this point. You assume in a perfect world that AEM'S numbers are right, but you need to compensate for resistance in your system that won't allow ECMLink to see the full 4.99 volts when logging. When I turn the key on and give the wideband time to warm up the highest voltage I see in Link is 4.45. So I'm thinking that is now my max voltage at the upper range of the sensor. So for now I'm putting:
Min volts: 0
Min AFR:10:1 (since that is what AEM says is min)
Max volts: 4.45 (since this is the highest I see in Link with ignition on)
Max AFR: 19.98 (since this is what AEM says is max)

This works out to be about 0.1 conservative from what it would be if I just went with AEM's table.

Thoughts?

Alright so here's my thinking at this point. You assume in a perfect world that AEM'S numbers are right, but you need to compensate for resistance in your system that won't allow ECMLink to see the full 4.99 volts when logging. When I turn the key on and give the wideband time to warm up the highest voltage I see in Link is 4.45. So I'm thinking that is now my max voltage at the upper range of the sensor. So for now I'm putting:
Min volts: 0
Min AFR:10:1 (since that is what AEM says is min)
Max volts: 4.45 (since this is the highest I see in Link with ignition on)
Max AFR: 19.98 (since this is what AEM says is max)

This works out to be about 0.1 conservative from what it would be if I just went with AEM's table.

Thoughts?
Kurt:
I have yet to right click and set min/max voltage , min/max lambda in Link v3.
I got my AEM logging in Link, but it is 2 units RICH, but exactly that. Tomorrow I'm
going to plug in the values aem suggests, and yourself too see if I cant cut-down on the
units its calibrated at now.

I did a similiar method to above with my prosport.

I calibrated by measuring volts at full rich(put sensor in gas can to sniff its fumes) and used that as max volts.

Then measured volts in open air and used that as minimum volts.

Then i forced the car into open loop and a 14.7 idle on gauge and used that as my switch point.

Im pretty spot on now. The lambda values i used a conversion chart i found with google.

Hello everyone,

I got my AEM 30-4100 UEGO installed in the factory O2 location. I also confirmed that the gauge is operating and I'm getting a good signal to ECMlink. Now I want to make sure that the voltage is displaying the proper A/F ratio.

You do this by adding the sensor to captured values and then displaying it in the log. You then right click the logged value in the legend and adjust preferences for your wideband. My question is: What is the proper way to set the min and max ranges for voltage and lambda?

I have searched, believe me I have searched. There is one video for linear WB calibration here but it is set to private so I can't watch it: http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/ecmlink-linear-wb-calibration.428702/

You need to go to the second post by Gofer and watch his YouTube video. Or here's the video by Gofer

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back