The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

AEM AEM WB Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chumpaumpalumpa

Proven Member
Jun 16, 2014
La Habra, California
Hi everyone. I am looking for a schematic for the AEM UEGO Digital Wideband gauge. The output to the ECM is faulty and I need to fix it so I can have the car tuned.

I verified this all with a multimeter to confirm that link is logging RawVolts correctly and it is. The issue with the gauge is that it only sweeps from .84v-4.45v. More than that, when the gauge is pegged at 10.0 it puts out .84v to the ECU. Same for 10.1-11.6 or so. It only puts out a .84v signal. At 11.7 on the gauge, the output voltage starts to climb linearly up to 4.45v and what is logged is accurate from 20 AFR down to 11.7. The gauge itself reads accurately. Ithe the output of the gauge that is the problem. Could this be from a faulty pot? I would love a schematic so I can take the buggar apart and fix what I need to.

I am positive the gauge output is at fault here and it is not an AEM to Link compatibility issue. I know because I back probed the gauge output and it agreed with link on everything.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I had a similar problem, my situation ended up being a bad ground connection to the ECU via WB, I agree with 442, check the setting on the back of your gauge, I believe there are.. 5? different settings and I believe 2 are lambda. good luck!

Are you saying that it dosent read correctly on link? Or on the guage it self?
It doesn't read correctly on link ONLY under 11.7 because the output of the gauge to the ECU is bad.

I think it needs to be set on back of gauge to 3 and set ecm link to r1 aem but u will have to delete and resign pinouts for it to work correctly
I'll check where that's at thank you, what do the different numbers mean?

I had a similar problem, my situation ended up being a bad ground connection to the ECU via WB, I agree with 442, check the setting on the back of your gauge, I believe there are.. 5? different settings and I believe 2 are lambda. good luck!
It has its own ground which is solid and not corroded. What do the numbers mean?

Let me see if I can find the link that helped me with my install... http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/ho...-2g-turbo-in-place-of-stock-o2-sensor.432222/

HadesOmega makes a point in his how to to show people where the adjustment knob is on the back side of the gauge. Pictures number 7 and 8 will give you the information on the settings and where it is located on the gauge.

Also be aware (this is an afterthought) that there are several different style UEGO gauges, You might want to let us know exactly what model you have and I may be able to assist you further.

FWIW on my WB it is set to P0 when running standalone (before I installed it to run in dsmlink) and P04 when connected to link to be able to run a narrowband simulator as i removed my front o2 sensor. P04 is a "narrowband" setting I do believe, It will still read the full sweep but will use a different range of voltage to monitor that sweep if I am correct. (Someone else that is more familiar with these please correct me if I am wrong)

This should explain it, it is pulled from AEMs manual.. Again, good luck.

Configuring Calibration Outputs If a different O2 sensor calibration is desired, the AEM calibration can be changed to one of three available. The AEM default position is (P0) if an AFR Gauge was purchased and (P1) if a Lambda Gauge was purchased. These settings implement a linear calibration with the most useful voltage range possible (0-5V). The AFR calibration (P2) is linear and similar to (P1) with a slightly smaller voltage range (1-2V). The AFR calibration (P3) emulates the Autronic Wideband O2 Sensor calibration (0-1V). The AFR calibration (P4) emulates a non-linear Nernst Cell calibration (0-1V). Refer to the Table and Graph for specific calibration details. To change the calibrations, a precision flat head screw diver is needed. Locate the small hole located on the back of the AEM gauge, as shown below

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back