The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

AEM wb installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cmax907

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 23, 2011
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Just installed a AEM wideband its working fine but reading numbers of which would be really lean yet my car smells really gassy? This is only at idle if I knock the car up to 3 grand the A/F ration smoothes out and its fine... How can I fix this issue? I have messed with globel and dead times still no change... I am running V3 and have the wb now logging but cannot figure out how to set-up Narrowband simulation? Also I do have a blown gasket between o2 dump and down pipe... Could this be causing my problem?
Im pulling my hair out just trying to get a base tune on this car. Its freshly built!!!! Please help me:)

Fix your exhaust leak and if the problem persists... POST A LOG!

Second? I only use 1 and its in the front o2 housing bung. The wideband is being used with narrow band simulation.

Doesn't the AEM wide band come with the O2 sensor? Why would you need to run it off the front narrow band if you already have the wide band??

PS those megan exhaust housing fail almost 99% of the time due to poor quality welds. I wouldn't waste my time or money, you get what you pay for in other words. For your leak just get a copper gasket, you'll be all set with leaks after you install.

Oh I got a spare metal one if you want it for the price of shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't the AEM wide band come with the O2 sensor? Why would you need to run it off the front narrow band if you already have the wide band??

PS those megan exhaust housing fail almost 99% of the time due to poor quality welds. I wouldn't waste my time or money, you get what you pay for in other words. For your leak just get a copper gasket, you'll be all set with leaks after you install.

Oh I got a spare metal one if you want it for the price of shipping.

Before posting again, read what narrow band simulation is.

Megan Racing o2 housings are great to use. I have yet to hear if their stuff failing.

Tron
while copper gaskets can seal well for being a soft metal, there are numerous reports of them failing from waroage, melting, reusing. These are a 1 time use gasket and generally require re torquing, of the bolts after a heat cycle.

A standard steel gasket is enough for the o2 housing and the MLS manifold and manifold-to-turbo gasket is better to use. They are all reusable as well.

Yes, I will attest to them needing re-torquing occasionally. As for warpage or melting, I can't say thats happened to me yet. But anythings possible.

Megan Racing o2 housings are great to use. I have yet to hear if their stuff failing.

Tron
while copper gaskets can seal well for being a soft metal, there are numerous reports of them failing from waroage, melting, reusing. These are a 1 time use gasket and generally require re torquing, of the bolts after a heat cycle.

A standard steel gasket is enough for the o2 housing and the MLS manifold and manifold-to-turbo gasket is better to use. They are all reusable as well.

Ahhh got it, for some reason when I saw AEM wide-band EUGO with O2 sensor that comes with it (Not the narrow band) poped right into my head thus the dumb comments :banghead:.

As for the Megan O2 you should just look it up. I have yet to here one working without a problem, I had one and it kept getting pin sized exhaust leaks around the flange and had to get it re-welded twice. There are countless amounts of people who have been getting this same issue :cry:....

As I said you get what you pay for. Evo 3 Exhaust mani is tough, durable, quality and costs about the same. Only downfall to that is you just have to modify your down pipe slightly and its not SHINY nickel plated metal like the Megan O2 but well worth it IMO.

1. AEM WBs are UEGOs.
2. So is it 99% or...?
3. WTF does an exhaust manifold have to do with your O2 claims?
4. Fix your damned grammar and spelling?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh got it, for some reason when I saw AEM wide-band EUGO with O2 sensor that comes with it (Not the narrow band) poped right into my head thus the dumb comments :banghead:.

As for the Megan O2 you should just look it up. I have yet to here one working without a problem, I had one and it kept getting pin sized exhaust leaks around the flange and had to get it re-welded twice. There are countless amounts of people who have been getting this same issue :cry:....

As I said you get what you pay for. Evo 3 Exhaust mani is tough, durable, quality and costs about the same. Only downfall to that is you just have to modify your down pipe slightly and its not SHINY nickel plated metal like the Megan O2 but well worth it IMO.

I had a Megan o2 housing that was used for 14,000+ miles without any problems, still looks brand new minus the soot inside.

Tron

That post made no sense to me either.... Thanks for clearing that up man!

Also how bout why does my car run funny when i have gauge plugged in and when i unplug it the car runs fine... By funny i mean like laggy, sputtering kinda,very hesitant, and back fires a lil? what is wrong? needs calibration or something.

hey cmax i was going over the idle log we took of your car and i think your temp sensor is going bad if you look at the log and the temp, dips between 210 and 74 degrees which tells me that your sensor could possibly be failing might want to change that out? that could be messing with your timing and fuel trims. also if you take a log of a cruise and right click on your log and auto calc your maf comp it might help level some things out just tossing out some ideas (my phone is messed up is why im posting this to you instead) as for the wide band messing with your set up it could be calibration or wiring double check everything dont need that wb telling the engine its lean and having an overfueling issue talk to you later bro.

hey cmax i was going over the idle log we took of your car and i think your temp sensor is going bad if you look at the log and the temp, dips between 210 and 74 degrees which tells me that your sensor could possibly be failing might want to change that out? that could be messing with your timing and fuel trims. also if you take a log of a cruise and right click on your log and auto calc your maf comp it might help level some things out just tossing out some ideas (my phone is messed up is why im posting this to you instead) as for the wide band messing with your set up it could be calibration or wiring double check everything dont need that wb telling the engine its lean and having an overfueling issue talk to you later bro.

Oh alright man. Well for the wb I just need to set up NBSim. Ill look into the temp sensor and will most likely be ordering the ad bundle here soon!
I'll be in enumclaw today.but with my girl and she's getting tired of car talk hahaha

oh trust me i know how that is my girl is starting to know things about dsm's that she never thought she would know LOL i.e (dsm) yes she knew exactly what that ment she hit me with that one last night i couldnt believe it that and she loves the pull on 25 psi LOL but ya get that checked out run a log or two and let me know how it goes also did you want to hang out and hook up sd sometime soon? just let me know peace out brotha!

oh trust me i know how that is my girl is starting to know things about dsm's that she never thought she would know LOL i.e (dsm) yes she knew exactly what that ment she hit me with that one last night i couldnt believe it that and she loves the pull on 25 psi LOL but ya get that checked out run a log or two and let me know how it goes also did you want to hang out and hook up sd sometime soon? just let me know peace out brotha!

Im in Enumclaw again so just hit me up on my phone.. Ill look into a CTS tomorrow and see if that doesn't help!! Ive taught my girl some stuff but I think its more annoying than anything anymore, but I'm training her:thumb:

ok max ill hit you up later today not sure what time, and ya my girl is more annoyed with hearing about my dsm but she has also helped me with body work wiring and interior LOL so she knows quite a bit:) and 2point i dont think max would have an issue if you wanted to swing by my shop when he is here we can show you a few things on v3, my shop is in buckley not too far away from maple valley.

hey cmax I live down the street more or less in maple valley maybe I could stop by and check out v3 =D ? I'm getting reading to send mine in for an upgrade so I can simulate narrowband LOL

working on dsm's gets you great at diagnosing things LOL

well I drive through maple valley all the time... 907-315-3137. Always good to get to know more people:)

v3narrowbandsim [ECMTuning - wiki]

That should get you started on the narrow band simulation.Also when I hooked mine up I got some weird readings it was my ground make sure you have a real good ground connected.

Well that would make a lot of sense because I'm pretty sure my ground isn't the greatest..

ok max ill hit you up later today not sure what time, and ya my girl is more annoyed with hearing about my dsm but she has also helped me with body work wiring and interior LOL so she knows quite a bit:) and 2point i dont think max would have an issue if you wanted to swing by my shop when he is here we can show you a few things on v3, my shop is in buckley not too far away from maple valley.

Didn't read that.. but that actually is a good idea!!! Hit us up point

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back