The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G AEM UEGO wideband where to wire to w/keeping both stock O2? sensors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipse012

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 17, 2008
canada, AB_Canada
Alright so I've had my AEM UEGO wideband in my car since last summer. I have only had the red (power) and black (ground) wires connected though.

I will be using ceddy mods & evoscan with my stock 98 ECU. When I installed my wideband I got a extra bung welded in the downpipe between the front and back O2 Sensors, so yes I am keeping both the front and back O2 sensors as they are both still being used.

My question is now that my wideband is installed and working, do I not have to wire another wire from it to the ECU to log with it in evoscan? If so what pin? I've read people putting it in the place of the rear O2 pin but since I am still using the rear O2 could I not just splice into that existing wire and run my wideband wire pigtailed off it?

There is a lot of mixed info I've searched and read on this which is confusing me.

Thanks

No you can't just splice into rear O2 if you plan to still use it like stock. If your going to log you need to find a open or unused pin. Or ditch the rear O2 and run the wb there.

If your using DSMLink which I bet you probably are. You can log it with a sensor that you have deleted like your waste gate solenoid connector can be used to log that data from new wide band. I do believe if I remember correctly in the live ECMLink tab and correct me if I'm wrong someone but there is a tab called ECU inputs and there is a list of maybe 4 things like Baro and a couple others. So if you have deleted something electrically you can get the ECU to log that wideband data under that pin

Wiki is pretty sweet for questions like this
https://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/installnewsensor

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back