The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

AEM stand alone

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have to go over to a friends house this weekend to start upi his 2G. It would have been going last weekend, but he had problems with the unit connecting to the laptop so he had to send it in to get looked at. There was no problem with the EMS. It must have been his crappy IBM thinkPAD.

Could you let me know if you have any difficulty tuning it, from what I heard poeple tell me they are a nightmare to get tuned good. But that may just be hear say. Could you shot me a e-mail and let me know how it went?

He will post a review when it gets running. He kind of has a crazy setup. It is a T66 full garrett, sheetmetal intake, ect.. The car has almost everything done to it that it can and it was all done at once. It will be a #@%#@%#@%#@%#@% to tune, but if we can pull it off so can most other people. If you are worried about tuning just get and AFC they can go a long ways.

Just out of curiosity why did you choose to go with such large injectors. I mean i've heard of 550's getting people deep into the 12's and even the high 11's? Do you have a massive turbo on there that is not in your mod list?

There in a buddy's car, Im doing the work for him. His car is a 2G and so far we dropped in a 1G motor (JE pistons, Eagle rods, Balence shaft elim. kit, crower cams, race ported head, ferea valves 1mm over, custum intercooler, 2 piece intercooler piping (1 piece from turbo to IC then 1 piece from IC to TB, HKS SSQ BOV,750cc injectors custom 3" down pipe, 3" apexi dunk catback, 60-1 garret turbo (max efficiency 25psi on race gas) and we ordered a AEM EMS, 3bar map sensor, and inlet air temp sensor. He went with those injectors because we are shooting for more high end power so we need the fuel up top. And BTW this is a front wheel drive street car. :D

Just a 310lph fuel pump, and the 750cc injectors, and we had an S-afc on it. Oh I just noticed I forgot to put the fuel pump in the post above, sorry about that.

Ive done quite a bit of research one the AEM EMS and it looks like a miniture god to me, I plan on getting one next summer once I get some other major mods done. Go to the AEM EMS forum, there is lots of positive feedback there from others, as well as a lot of trouble shooting.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back