The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420A AEM FI/C 6 problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inkdlyfe

Proven Member
Feb 23, 2016
Summer feild, Florida
So I have been running my aem on a tune for a couple 100 miles now and never had a issue since the tune. But yesterday I went and got my car washed like I do every week. But this time, something happen. The car has ZERO spark with the aem wired in. I always keep the jumper wire with me so I put that in by passing the fic and I got spark back but I have 880cc injectors in so my car cant run with out the fic but it started up just fine. But when the fic is back into it there is no spark again . What is causing this ? Its gotta be something in the fic that is causing this and no the fic did not get wet I even taken it apart to see and there is for sure nothing wet .

Might try disconnecting power for a few seconds. I do not have FI/C but my EMS1 would lockup & freeze sometimes with internal logging downloads. To reset I needed to disconnect the battery neg for a second, reload my calibration, restart my car, and thing were fine. Worth a try. Couldn't hurt.

Last edited:
I use an FIC 6 to manage my supercharged Tacoma

The ports for the 32/24 pin connectors got fussy on me at one point. Try wiggling things around in that area to see if you can get it to do something. Lots of wiring on the install with these too......plenty to go wrong there

Last edited:
Sadly I tried that and thought it would work when it happen cuz this happen before and that's all I did an bam it fired up but sadly nothing happen still the same issue

Might try disconnecting power for a few seconds. I do not have FI/C but my EMS1 would lockup & freeze sometimes with internal logging downloads. To reset I needed to disconnect the battery neg for a second, reload my calibration, restart my car, and thing were fine. Worth a try. Couldn't hurt.

Could be it. It does make sense though. I was told that the fic controls fuel and spark at the same time from the same location tho. So how would I have fuel not spark

I use any FIC 6 to manage my supercharged Tacoma

The ports for the 32/24 pin connectors got fussy on me at one point. Try wiggling things around in that area to see if you can get it to do something. Lots of wiring on the install with these too......plenty to go wrong there

Im not sure what you mean by "controls fuel and spark at the same time from the same location"

I can tell you that it has a physical tap for timing, and a tap for fuel, among many other things

did you install the unit ?

this issue might have nothing to do with the FIC

The person who installed it told me if I have no spark I shouldnt have any fuel ether but I'm getting plenty of fuel just no spark. But I know 100% it does cuz I have the jumper connector and I can disconnect the fic put that connector in and fires up instantly

If it starts right up with the bypass connector installed then Im pretty sure that means it has something to do with the program and a setting somewhere in there

I just install aem fic6 for a 420aturbo everything works what i install,I'm a newbie does anyone have a map or could tell me how to tune or how to start thanks

Does your car try to start at all & can you keep it sort of running with the throttle with the current load calibration? Also, You should start a separate thread instead of hyjacking this one.

Hi,dsm,i just install aem fic6 and everything works fine,the next step is a map that i don't know how to start,car starts but dies,if i don't hit the gas,could anyone help me,i been messing with it but don't want to bring anything, if anyone could help me i would appreciate thanks.

Do you have a WBO2? What is the AFR's? Start by roughing in the fuel & try to get things to stabalize enough so you can take your foot off the gas peddle.

Yes and Afr's 10 Or 11,how do you do that with the fuel,sorry i don't know, newbie, how do you do a separate thread.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back