The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

AEM EMS or Greddy E-Manage

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yhype

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 3, 2002
Thurmont, Maryland
I am in the process of building my engine and I really can't decide which fuel management system to go with. The engine i am building contains weisco 9:1, eagle rods, cams, springs + retainers, prolly Forrester Racing intake manifold, tubular exhaust manifold, 50 trim turbo, FMIC, an apropiate fuel system, fidanza flywheel. I don't know which FMU to get, i really like the ease of installing the EMS and the newer versions can make their own base fuel map, which will help me from blowing up my engine the first time i fire it up to start braking it in. But i do like the Greddy E-Manage for its cheapness(not a big deal though) but it has to be wired up first, considering that both will pretty much will do the same thing with proper hardware. I am planning on using a laptop reguardless or which FMU i get. Any sugestions or opinions would greatly help my decision.:talon:

I'm not really familiar with the emanage but I can't see it being more complicated than the EMS. The EMS is a serious tuning product and I would do a lot of research on it before jumping in. I would sign up on their forum and start reading all the archives of posts and determine if its right for you. I'm getting one this winter but waited until after the season was over so that I can put alot of time into learning everything about it and tuning it before I have the car out. There's alot of pros and cons to it. I would also factor in what system your nearest tuner is using incase you end up needing help. I think all of the standalones are good in many ways. Buschur and RRE are using the EMS. Magnus swears by the Haltech. If you talk to any of them, they think the other system is no good. Its more though that they've put the time into learning how to tune one system really well and its just not worth going through a learning curve all over again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back