The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

AEM EMS not connecting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missouri_dsm

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2003
Lebanon, Missouri
I am trying to hook up my EMS. I have the newest version(v1.19) and I am using a PCMCIA to RS232 on a Toshiba Satelite laptop. I start AEM pro and click on connect then turn the ignition on. It just says ECU offline and querying ECU....forever. I made sure I have the right com port selected on the computer and on AEMpro and when I turn the ignition on I can hear the fuel pump so I know the Ecu is powered up. Also the pcmcia card seems to be working since it has two light on it and they start blinking when I try to connect and I also made sure the cords were all plugged in secure. I heard these things can be kind of iffy with connecting. I have another laptop which is a dell inspiron but I had to order a different pcmcia card for it since it requires a different one but it should be here tommorow. I am hoping that hooking up to the dell will fix the prolem but any help or advice is welcome. Both laptops are brand new as well as the EMS and the pcmcia card.

Make sure you select serial when you connect.

Yeah, I selected serial. I got my express card with a rs232 for my Dell laptop today. Hopefully this wiil work. I will let you guys know if it works or not.

I hooked up the new express card to the Dell and it connected to the ecu instantly. I guess the toshiba/pcmcia to rs232 combo just isnt the ems' cup of tea. Thanks to GVR4592 and Lunch_Box for posting, I appreciate it guys.:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back