The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

AEM EMS in 2G Automatic GSX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottr126

15+ Year Contributor
May 24, 2003
CHICAGO, Illinois
Is there a final answer on if this is possible or not? And ifso, what modifications have to be done to the harness to make this work? I looked up the part numbers for 2g OEM ECU's and they are the same between Autos and 5 spd. cars. Any Info would be great as I want to put an EMS in my car but im not sure if it will be burnt up. I have heard shotty info that I have to move some wire otherwise the AEM will burn up.

-Thanks-

I'm confused, didn't you get rid of the 2G? What exactly are you trying to do? I know how to do it, have done it before. Just some wiring tricks, that's all.

I did sell my 2g, couple months back. I now have a 94 awd auto mirage im lookin to hit 8's with this year. But I am involved in a couple projects currently 2 of them being other auto 2g's, one a 96 and the other a 99. PM me more info on those "tricks".

-Thanks-

Is there a final answer on if this is possible or not? And ifso, what modifications have to be done to the harness to make this work? I looked up the part numbers for 2g OEM ECU's and they are the same between Autos and 5 spd. cars. Any Info would be great as I want to put an EMS in my car but im not sure if it will be burnt up. I have heard shotty info that I have to move some wire otherwise the AEM will burn up.

-Thanks-

Hey Brad here, it can be done. I actually burned up two boxes when the AEM EMS first came out. I worked with AEM on this and found that pin 90 something was to blame. It needs to see chassis ground for the EMS and actually get a voltage signal from an auto car during engine cranking. Forgive me for not knowing what pin # it is exactly. I have been out of the game for the last 5 years. I just dusted off my T-66 powered 2G Talon and started tuning it yesterday. So, I guess you could say I'm back!

Brad

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back