The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

420A adding fluid to the manual transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For what? A/T, M/T? If you can access the site to post, why can't you search?

Lol, oddly enough I have seen this question a few times. While Gofer gave you the official fill spot, many use the reverse plug to fill her up (its located toward the nose of the tranny, a little below the tranny mount). Let me see if I got a picture in here. Here it si;

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Its the little plug (with blue on it) toward the end of the tranny. You disconnect that plug and then just unscrew the sensor.

MB

Lol, oddly enough I have seen this question a few times. While Gofer gave you the official fill spot, many use the reverse plug to fill her up (its located toward the nose of the tranny, a little below the tranny mount). Let me see if I got a picture in here. Here it si;

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Its the little plug (with blue on it) toward the end of the tranny. You disconnect that plug and then just unscrew the sensor.

MB
if he is just topping it off,how will he know if he is at the right level if he fills it from the top.is it bad to over fill?I usually put the trans fluid in a lucas squeeze bottle.then I get a 3"long hose to fit in the side hole.put the bottle to the hose and start squeezing.:hellyeah:

It's a pain to fill through the same hole that is supposed to indicate level. It doesn't matter where you fill it from, as long as it's above the "official" fill hole and you check the level through the "official" fill hole.

I fill mine every now and then ( 5 speed) but i remove the battery and tray, gives me easy acces to drop the hose dow and let gravity do the work.. fill it untill it overflows then you re done.

Just to clarify this thread fill it until it overflows out the factory fill location. This only applies if you are filling from the top somewhere. The full level IS the factory fill hole.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back