The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G 96 Eagle talon tsi issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamWawrzyniak

Proven Member
Dec 12, 2012
sinking spring, Pennsylvania
Hello, my name is Adam. Last week I have picked up and "okay" 96 eagle talon tsi. It has unknown miles or when anything has been done to it. It needed an oil change and the check engine light was on. So I bought. Keep in mind I am only 18 years old and still in high school I have never owned a turbo charged car before. I have owned a clean 99 eclipse gs 420a. But i am proud to say that the 4g63 blows the 420a out of the water with the turbo! First time the turbo spooled i was in-love already. When I took it home It really needed a good cleaning. I vacuumed it all out and cleaned out the outside. The inside is in okay condition. The leather seats are ripped but i think that is normal for almost all DD talons. The carpet is pretty stained up as well but has no holes in it. The headliner was sagging down and had hole in it due to the last owner was a smoker. The outside of the car is pretty good. There is very minimum rust. There is a little spot in the roof, little on the back hatch above the tail lights and inside the doors at the bottom there are some.

What Needs To Be Done

CEL- found out it is a misfire and something wrong with the fuel system. I was told it could be something with the fuel injector

Headliner- Needs to be redone

Inspection- Runs out in a month

Carpet- Needs to be cleaned, or dye

Valve cover leak- Needs new seals

Turbo timer- Came with the car, i don't know how to hook it up

Seats- Need to find new seats or fix the ones i have

Rear hatch lift supports- They don't hold the hatch up anymore

Missing hub cap on rims- Sitting in 19s ADR rims with good tires!

Transmission- Need some BG transmission oil

Exhaust leak- somewhere in-front or around the cat

Anti lock light- Turns on when i start moving

Paint/body- Has some hail damage

CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!

*might be forgetting a few things*

What I have done!e

Headliner- Redid the headliner, went to a local fabric store and got some black headliner and adhesive glue, took about 2.5 hours and let it sit over night and put it in the next morning. Looks good for a first time.

Oil changed- Got a new filter and 10w-40 oil

Inspection/Cel- Getting done next Thursday

WHAT TO DO AFTER
After i get the car running 100% i want to start putting some mods into the car. Any advice of where to start. Car is basically stock besides intake and filter. Has boost controller as well.

Regarding your misfire, make sure your timing is in check. Mine sounded way off, and I checked my timing, and it was a mile off. Also regarding your Head cover, try checking the oil line that goes to the turbo. I found mine was spraying up, and causing oil to pool in the head cover. Once I had that fixed I had no problems. Hopes this helps!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back