The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

*** ACTIVE / OPEN *** 2G Tubular front subframe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby,

The 4 point brace is a complete redesign from the one I got from you a while back that will only work on the stock subframe correct? If so...anybody not interested in the front subframe but wants a 4 point, lemme know! Lol. I guess I'll be ordering your front subframe to go along with the rear subframe I plan on getting!

Bobby,

The 4 point brace is a complete redesign from the one I got from you a while back that will only work on the stock subframe correct? If so...anybody not interested in the front subframe but wants a 4 point, lemme know! Lol. I guess I'll be ordering your front subframe to go along with the rear subframe I plan on getting!
That is correct. It mounts differently then the oem subframe one does.

right all, what I am going to do is make a list. because once i decide to open up the actual sale thread i will tag each one of you so you get notified its gone live,

so we are clear it wont be till at least summer time as a estimate guess right now.

if you are interested then comment on the page and also note which version you would opt for. (NOTE) this is not by any means the order list for any thing so be received in on the sale thread when active)

right all, what I am going to do is make a list. because once i decide to open up the actual sale thread i will tag each one of you so you get notified its gone live,

so we are clear it wont be till at least summer time as a estimate guess right now.

if you are interested then comment on the page and also note which version you would opt for. (NOTE) this is not by any means the order list for any thing so be received in on the sale thread when active)

1 subframe, with 4 point brace, and powder coated. Lemme know when you want that deposit.

Im interested. Im still unsure which version I want. I wont be doing powder coating. I will go with alloy bushings and if possible ad the nylon ones as well to have a extra set.
I will put you down as a TBC currently then, i wanted a list because now all details are up they can decide if its for them and price etc.

I'm down my man!
Time to start that piggy bank.

4 point race version.
Alloy frame mounting.
Poly roll stops.
Powder coated.

Yesterday i got back my powder coated 4 point brace and crossmember. So its all bolted up now and looking very good! Super stoked this looks so good and reinforces it even more so.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hi everyone and welcome to this post about my tubular front subframe for the 2G chassis.

EDIT*** if you can please help here https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/f...ta-enquirey-i-need-you.531103/#post-153779373

This thread is now going to be its own specific thread relating to this frame i have designed (many times i might add) and its where i can more openly talk about it and although i dont have any costs as of yet its where i will be able to discuss this.

So a small back story of this and why its taken me soooo long to get this far.

back in 2018 i got done making my rear frame and bought an oem front frame which then sat for a while being looked at as i walked by it then come mid 2019 i decided to figure out the jig as this was going to be tricky with the way i wanted to make the frame from the start which was modular* (will touch on this later on below)

i ended up deciding on a full cage jig for strength and to retain structure its a bit OTT but thats ok, just more weight for me to move about.

with the jig in its early stage i got to designing my first frame which i really liked but before long i discovered an issue once i made it after looking at the design for some time and that was diff case clearance. so i went and had to redesign but this meant from scratch again which was tricky at first but i got there in the end and a trial fit was needed, found some clearance issues and tried to work around them a few times etc etc and after a few revisions i had to redesign yet again!

after all this i believe i am on design 4 and something like revision 9 and now the stage is complete and fine tuning was required and thats where i cam currently at right now!

I am due to finish taking my data points from the frame and making jigs to mount to the jig to make sure i clearance everything the same each and every time! this is critical to be as near as equal for each one produced.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have started off with the 4G63/4 subframe and later on i will be looking into the 420a frames if people from that engine platform are interested!

I will be making 2 of these and im going to be working with someone so we can both get testing done but this wont be till i have done the initial testing to make sure im happy! only then will I make the second frame and have it tested by another.

SO.... modular you say huh! whats that about?

Well when i first started this project i wanted it to be unique and an advanced frame like no other for any car really and thats where alot of time was spent of thinking how to but not doing etc. was a tricky puzzle to solve

* my original plan was to have 2 steering rack options but it turned out i was not able to make the other rack work due to the length and design of it which really sucked. it would of thrown off the steering and caused some errors i could not even for see no doubt.

* The other part i have still kept and thats replaceable outer mountings for the compression arm. this means you can use the oem compression arm with no adjustment heights. then the replacement outer part will have a similer design to the lower arm bracket meaning you can adjust your whole front end to match the lower arm and thus minimizing any effects from lowering or caster loss just to name a few effects you can do with this! along with this mount will also come a compression arm which is also modular meaning 1 arm will work with both the oem frame and my frames and also adaptable from oem mounting to my mounting so no major cost loss to the end user which is a small upgrade piece. after all I am here to help save you all money!!!

I will have a few options on these and i will confirm all this later on.

those options are as follows...

normal subframe
. (included modular outer, and 2 point under brace to use with oem or aftermarket crossmember) mounts on the back location hole only! so aftermarkets will need to be reinforced on the 3mm plate. as pictured here https://www.dsmtuners.com/attachments/img_20201018_111413-jpg.613691/
https://www.dsmtuners.com/attachments/img_20201101_140942-jpg.614844/

full race Subframe which will include a custom 4 point brace for added strength and support for below the frame for those corners, this will also come with a custom cross member designed for the 4 point brace only! as shown here https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/f...r-front-subframe.531218/page-4#post-153788980

The 4 point brace can be added at a later date with the cross member if desired as an upgrade, same with the outer mountings for the custom arms. (outer are yet to be finished as compression arms will be made at the same time)

the frames will come with either one of 3 options for frame mounting pads and these are.
NOTE (outer mount will be direct mount to frame still.

* Rubber for better NVH (better for street and more daily use)
* Nylon for improved stiffness and some noise reduction (for those looking for added stiffness and those who do not mind a bit more noise/vibrations)
* Alloy for full stiffness and no flex/movement on the chassis (full on race spec zero damping of noise)

steering rack is now fully hard mounted so no rubbers required for this from your old rack! this means no slipping, no wearing of rubber.

This frame also comes with the billet ARB brackets for this design and will work with normal bushings as before.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

UPDATE The price of these i have worked out is pretty close to correct and i have checked this and will recheck again. as i hope i got my currency conversions correct LOL.
note that this will be a long period item so i will be listing these in pounds and you can convert it to Dollars at the time, it makes it much easier my end as the exchange rate may alter, shipping will be priced per person as and when to get the correct price but for now i will give a current base idea on prices, by the time this gets released i will hopefully be able to make a drop down list order form and it will be a bit more refined setup.

price will always be UK Pounds so always base the cost in dollars around that price please

price
for the normal subframe (2 point under brace - normal outers is
UK POUNDS
£1725 UK Pounds which includes shipping and insurance

US Dollars
$2465 included shipping

Based on current paypal exchange rates at the time

*** If you wish to add the 4 point brace at the time of subframe order then that will be $400 plus + $40 for extra shipping charges and insurance.

*** If you wish to add the 4 point system later it will be more because of powder coating and shipping costs (price to be confirmed on this later)

*** If you wish to have it NOT powder coated then deduct $110 from the costs

I will be able to offer a wide range of colors they have in stock at the given time and some metallic colors which would cost a fraction more due to the increase in cost of the powder. at the given time of ordering i can supply you with a color list they have in RAL chart or other they have and go from that list

I think I have covered the most of it in bulk! sorry for the long read but I feel its a must for you all to know the process and all about the frame etc

please feel free to ask any questions or just to show your interest.

Thanks all

pictures show from design 1 to what I have to date and what is finally ready to weld up once i got my data points

List of folks interested to be notified when sale post goes live

1. @mountain_man 4 Point ( race)
2. @miguelmcv 4 point (race)
3. @DSM98GSX 4 point (race)
4. @jpmxrider489 (TBC version)
5. @gd356 4 point (race)
6. @Matticus 4 point (race)
7. @GSXbooster 4 point (race)
8. @ERJ-145 driver 4 point (race)
9. @GSTTOBEAT 4 point (race)

Hi everyone and welcome to this post about my tubular front subframe for the 2G chassis.

EDIT*** if you can please help here https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/f...ta-enquirey-i-need-you.531103/#post-153779373

This thread is now going to be its own specific thread relating to this frame i have designed (many times i might add) and its where i can more openly talk about it and although i dont have any costs as of yet its where i will be able to discuss this.

So a small back story of this and why its taken me soooo long to get this far.

back in 2018 i got done making my rear frame and bought an oem front frame which then sat for a while being looked at as i walked by it then come mid 2019 i decided to figure out the jig as this was going to be tricky with the way i wanted to make the frame from the start which was modular* (will touch on this later on below)

i ended up deciding on a full cage jig for strength and to retain structure its a bit OTT but thats ok, just more weight for me to move about.

with the jig in its early stage i got to designing my first frame which i really liked but before long i discovered an issue once i made it after looking at the design for some time and that was diff case clearance. so i went and had to redesign but this meant from scratch again which was tricky at first but i got there in the end and a trial fit was needed, found some clearance issues and tried to work around them a few times etc etc and after a few revisions i had to redesign yet again!

after all this i believe i am on design 4 and something like revision 9 and now the stage is complete and fine tuning was required and thats where i cam currently at right now!

I am due to finish taking my data points from the frame and making jigs to mount to the jig to make sure i clearance everything the same each and every time! this is critical to be as near as equal for each one produced.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have started off with the 4G63/4 subframe and later on i will be looking into the 420a frames if people from that engine platform are interested!

I will be making 2 of these and im going to be working with someone so we can both get testing done but this wont be till i have done the initial testing to make sure im happy! only then will I make the second frame and have it tested by another.

SO.... modular you say huh! whats that about?

Well when i first started this project i wanted it to be unique and an advanced frame like no other for any car really and thats where alot of time was spent of thinking how to but not doing etc. was a tricky puzzle to solve

* my original plan was to have 2 steering rack options but it turned out i was not able to make the other rack work due to the length and design of it which really sucked. it would of thrown off the steering and caused some errors i could not even for see no doubt.

* The other part i have still kept and thats replaceable outer mountings for the compression arm. this means you can use the oem compression arm with no adjustment heights. then the replacement outer part will have a similer design to the lower arm bracket meaning you can adjust your whole front end to match the lower arm and thus minimizing any effects from lowering or caster loss just to name a few effects you can do with this! along with this mount will also come a compression arm which is also modular meaning 1 arm will work with both the oem frame and my frames and also adaptable from oem mounting to my mounting so no major cost loss to the end user which is a small upgrade piece. after all I am here to help save you all money!!!

I will have a few options on these and i will confirm all this later on.

those options are as follows...

normal subframe
. (included modular outer, and 2 point under brace to use with oem or aftermarket crossmember) mounts on the back location hole only! so aftermarkets will need to be reinforced on the 3mm plate. as pictured here https://www.dsmtuners.com/attachments/img_20201018_111413-jpg.613691/
https://www.dsmtuners.com/attachments/img_20201101_140942-jpg.614844/

full race Subframe which will include a custom 4 point brace for added strength and support for below the frame for those corners, this will also come with a custom cross member designed for the 4 point brace only! as shown here https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/f...r-front-subframe.531218/page-4#post-153788980

The 4 point brace can be added at a later date with the cross member if desired as an upgrade, same with the outer mountings for the custom arms. (outer are yet to be finished as compression arms will be made at the same time)

the frames will come with either one of 3 options for frame mounting pads and these are.
NOTE (outer mount will be direct mount to frame still.

* Rubber for better NVH (better for street and more daily use)
* Nylon for improved stiffness and some noise reduction (for those looking for added stiffness and those who do not mind a bit more noise/vibrations)
* Alloy for full stiffness and no flex/movement on the chassis (full on race spec zero damping of noise)

steering rack is now fully hard mounted so no rubbers required for this from your old rack! this means no slipping, no wearing of rubber.

This frame also comes with the billet ARB brackets for this design and will work with normal bushings as before.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

UPDATE The price of these i have worked out is pretty close to correct and i have checked this and will recheck again. as i hope i got my currency conversions correct LOL.
note that this will be a long period item so i will be listing these in pounds and you can convert it to Dollars at the time, it makes it much easier my end as the exchange rate may alter, shipping will be priced per person as and when to get the correct price but for now i will give a current base idea on prices, by the time this gets released i will hopefully be able to make a drop down list order form and it will be a bit more refined setup.

price will always be UK Pounds so always base the cost in dollars around that price please

price
for the normal subframe (2 point under brace - normal outers is
UK POUNDS
£1725 UK Pounds which includes shipping and insurance

US Dollars
$2465 included shipping

Based on current paypal exchange rates at the time

*** If you wish to add the 4 point brace at the time of subframe order then that will be $400 plus + $40 for extra shipping charges and insurance.

*** If you wish to add the 4 point system later it will be more because of powder coating and shipping costs (price to be confirmed on this later)

*** If you wish to have it NOT powder coated then deduct $110 from the costs

I will be able to offer a wide range of colors they have in stock at the given time and some metallic colors which would cost a fraction more due to the increase in cost of the powder. at the given time of ordering i can supply you with a color list they have in RAL chart or other they have and go from that list

I think I have covered the most of it in bulk! sorry for the long read but I feel its a must for you all to know the process and all about the frame etc

please feel free to ask any questions or just to show your interest.

Thanks all

pictures show from design 1 to what I have to date and what is finally ready to weld up once i got my data points

List of folks interested to be notified when sale post goes live

1. @mountain_man 4 Point ( race)
2. @miguelmcv 4 point (race)
3. @DSM98GSX 4 point (race)
4. @jpmxrider489 (TBC version)
5. @gd356 4 point (race)
6. @Matticus 4 point (race)
7. @GSXbooster 4 point (race)
8. @ERJ-145 driver 4 point (race)
9. @GSTTOBEAT 4 point (race)
10. Boostjunkie24
4 Point Race

I have been asked about some weights so i shall add this info on the front page just so you can see

I finally got a chance to reach through this entire thread and I'm sold aswell, but I have a couple questions.

1. If I'm understanding correctly, you're building to order based on the list on the first thread post. If that is the case, could your front upper arms be added to the order?

2. We've spoke about evo or RM ARB's. Will the current mounting allow for a larger diameter ARB? I imagine a different bracket will be needed, is this an option?

I finally got a chance to reach through this entire thread and I'm sold aswell, but I have a couple questions.

1. If I'm understanding correctly, you're building to order based on the list on the first thread post. If that is the case, could your front upper arms be added to the order?

2. We've spoke about evo or RM ARB's. Will the current mounting allow for a larger diameter ARB? I imagine a different bracket will be needed, is this an option?
*1 Its not based on this list here at all, its merely a list for those interested currently, its going to be a Deposit based system to be on the list which secures the spot in which i build them in like then when im due to do the next one or two then i will reach out for the remainder of the funds before building because each one will be to YOUR spec and color! As for the upper arms, If I am at that point then it can be done but those chances are going to be rare. they are just too costly to make one set each and every time due to the costs involved for bends and CNC machined parts plus i would never get any discount of bulk ordering I do which i cannot pass onto you folks then! so they will ONLY be done in batches so i can get those discounts to pass on. if one day I can afford stock I will like to do this but as of now its not possible to do this

*2 the front subframe will only be able to use the RM front bars as the bigger bar, the evo bar is for the rear only. un which I made adaptor for on both FWD and AWD rear subframes, Im due to look into a custom made F/R ARB's thats bigger still but have yet to do so and is on my long list of things to do and get done. the subframe will come with billet mounts for the oem bush and bar and as RM's bush and bar fits in the oem bracket and thus will work in my bracket also since i based my bracket around the oem bush

I hope this helps clarify some more. any other questions please let me know

Any time line on when you will be ready for deposits? Also is their a limit that your taking a certain amount of? I would be interested in both the front and rear.
Not yet on the deposit and these will be a continuous item offered so no limited numbers on these and will hopefully be a rolling item by then if i can juggle work and these but thats something im working on now anyway. Shipping a front and rear together might be a huge crate or small pallet so thats something im likely going to need to look into also as i not looked into dual shipping yet

Been a while since i interacted with this thread. Its been quite busy with other projects i never vot around to making the 2nd one. But....

Here it is!! Prototype #2!! This one is the race spec version meaning its got the 4 point brace and cross member as part of the package! Its stronger and more supported to aid stiffness and strength ontop of the already strong and stiff subframe design!

This is going on a time attack car and on a GSX!

I have used mine a few times now on the roads and although i need a very good wheel setup since everything has been taken off the car multiple times now the times i have driven with this frame its very nice! I use the solid mounts myself for stiffness. Going around corners feels epic! Its very rigid and makes the front end very responsive and precise in feel since it has removed what ever chassis rail flex there was!

Im due to do a full alignment sometime in jan 2022 so once done i can do alot more driving on it without worrying anymore on if my wheels are straight LOL. When i say full setup i mean FULL! Shock bump height, bumpsteer/toe, camber, caster and of course going straight LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back