The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Act 2900

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinBondar

Probationary Member
Dec 8, 2007
North East, Maryland
I am looking for 550 wheel will this kit support that and is it the best kit for that before I have to go twin disk.

550 wheel HP? On what....your CRX? OMG Are you being serious here.....or yankin our chain..? :|

K, first, you select a clutch based on torque needs...not HP. How much torque do you plan on makin?
Since its a FWD car, your gonna need something that will allow you to slip comin out the hole. An ACT 2900 is a SERIOUS pressure plate (quite heavy) Even for the serious DSM guys on here makin power, there's always alternatives to a pressue plate that heavy.

What works for DSM's doesnt necessarily work for Hondas, and vice versa.

Bottom line, select a clutch best suited to your tq AND launch technique. There's so many brands out there, so keep an open mind.

FYI, I got the ACT 2600 wit street disk, and already fried it with one boosted launch.
So if you're gonna be slipping a lot comin out the hole, stay away from 'organic' disks. Go with something more like kevlar, or carbon kevlar (or composite) Very, very street friendly, and much higher heat tolerances and recovery.

Trust me on that!

Good luck with your choice(s)

Im at 550awhp right now and 450lb/ft. I would STRONGLY recommend you NOT go with an act clutch at this point. Im not bashing them what so ever. I went through 3 2900 pressure plates last year. Everytime i sent them back to ACT, they said it was a design flaw and sent me out a new pressure plate. IMO act is only good for mild power and street use. MY 2900 pressure plate with even a street disk was horrible driving on the street. A few of my friends are running a PTT twin disk and they love it. Do yourself a favor and do it right, the first time.

I am looking at like 450-500 torque what clutch should I go with if I don't want to go twin disk?

Thats what I hear about ACT too. I hear from everyone that they support everyday mild range power. I have a ACT 2600, so far it has held up 20,000 miles for me. But again I am not at 400 whp.

I will probably go else when its time for another clutch job.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back