The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

act 2600lb and new flywheel and throw-out

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mustg5

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 3, 2003
just put my act 2600 kit with a act flywheel and when i press the clutch in, they is a screaching noice coming from what sounds like the bellhousing. When the throw-out presses into the pressure plate, it seems like it is making a sceeching sound? Any clues if that it or what i can be, and if i need to be worried...

Did you grease the metal on metal moving parts? More precisely, the TOB on the shaft, the TOB on the fork, the pivot ball on the fork, etc., :)not anything on the clutch, of course.

hmm, Ive Had the Same problem. its More then likely ur TOB then anything else. maybe give it a couple Days to quite down????? also What Lube did you use? And is it a OEM. TOB? Cause I herd Aftermarkt TOB's Suck balls.

yea...i did what the instal instructions said to do.....i havent ran the car since it has been in yet, i still got some stuff to get back together. Do you think it could just be because its brand new and hasnt been even driven on yet?

Fist off the Rolling of the eyes above is VERY uncalled for. People like him are the reason forums are going to shit. Lets see if I can help you.

First the obviouse.

Did you grease the moving parts like stated above?

Im guessing its the point that the TOB contacts the plate. That would make sense. If the car is still apart you may want to go back in before finishing the car. That would be tobad to finish it and need to go back in. You know.

yea the car is back togther...tranny is in, still havent had time to get it out yet, but i did grease the TOB. I dont want to have to take the tranny off for something so stupid u know. I dont mind the sound as long as it wont hurt anything. But i did what the instructions told me to. Cant think of what it could be. Thanks for the reply

no still got some things to do to it and dont have the money to buy it right now...gonna be about a month

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back