The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

ACL Tri Metal Rod Bearing orientation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyp42

Proven Member
Sep 28, 2016
Windsor, ON_Canada
Hi Everyone,
i am noticing on my ACL rod bearings that 4 are stamped on the notched side and 4 are stamped on the other side.
i cant find any indication on either being a top or bottom, does it matter what way you install ACL rod bearings?
they came wrapped in the same sleeve.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

thanks,
-Will

If they all have oil holes it doesn't matter. I can't tell from your picture. Oil holes go in the rod if some have holes and others don't but all of my ACL bearings have had holes in both sides. Just make sure the notches go in the slots in the rod and the cap and that notches/slots are both on the same side, mating with each other.

The piston tops will have a marker pointing towards the front of the engine for the correct orientation. :)
The rods and caps will have the notches in them, so just line it all up. Don't put one notch on one side and the other notch on the other, that is a big no no and will result in failure of the rod bearing.

thanks guys,
yes oil holes on both sides, just found it odd that 4 were stamped by manufacturer on one side and 4 the other.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back