The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Acceptable amount of kink in oil return line?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x5150

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 10, 2008
Irvine, California
Is this an acceptable amount of kink? It was a miracle that I finally got this thing to even bolt up.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If the car does not smoke then I would say it is OK. In the pics it appears to be kinked a decent amount. It really does not take much of and obstruction in the return line to cause the turbo to smoke. But like I said if it doesn't smoke then it's fine.

Why not just get a 90 deg.elbow fitting on the oil pan instead of that 45? It will work that way but it looks a little hoakey -

this is the extremepsi kit, came with at 45 degree. This is my 2nd kit too, tried the ebay SS one but couldn't get it to fit.

I think it is fine... It isn't that bad...

Just fired it up. Let it run for a few minutes, turned it off then the fitting started to leak.

I'm going to ask them for a 60 degree fitting and more hose. Ugh, car is going to be down for another week I guess.

Just fired it up. Let it run for a few minutes, turned it off then the fitting started to leak.

I'm going to ask them for a 60 degree fitting and more hose. Ugh, car is going to be down for another week I guess.

extremepsi was nice enough to send me the 90 degree fitting and new hose, but the 90 degree fitting leaked exactly like the 45. I got an oem one installed in 10 min, no leaks, works perfect. Man wasted 2 weeks waiting for parts, hours of labor, and $110.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back