The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Acceleration failure and error codes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rynoryt

Probationary Member
Mar 18, 2021
São Paulo, South_America
Well guys, first post on DSM and I hope I can also contribute with you:dsm:

I just bought the car with some defects.:ohdamn:

at the first start he is perfect.

In acceleration it gives a beautiful "drowning" or "lack of fuel" close to 3000 rpm and when it passes a little of this rotation the accelerator pedal dies. as if he went into emergency mode until the normal iddle. and same problem comes back

no OBD errors ELM 327 + TORQUE app. the following errors appear
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

P3501
C0101
p006f
C086b
P0043
P0105
P1500

Besides my torque app does not show variation in the MAF and Vaccum sensor always -29.9 constant.

Where should I start?

And sorry, my english is poor:ohdamn:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210324-173623_Torque (Lite).jpg
    Screenshot_20210324-173623_Torque (Lite).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 37
Hey guys,

I solved some problems I had with the engine safe, already fixing the screws and painting the parts with bad impression.

I think this week I will start it to see what comes out

I replaced the front lambda with a universal 4-wire

I put another MAF sensor

and I found a vacuum line leaking. the hose originally connected between the solenoid boost to the air filter. it was connected and leaking and connected directly by a "Tee" in the TBi "P" port.

the connector on the air filter is closed.

the question. Can I keep this current call? "P" port on Tbi to boost solenoid?

Você tem uma foto da configuração "T" sobre a qual está perguntando? Isso ajudaria seus colegas DSM aqui a saber exatamente o que você está fazendo.
I took an example photo.

I actually had a vacuum leak from a hose.

but this link in the photo bothers me. because I don’t know if it’s right.

I am restarting the OEM impulse vacuum. Air filter + turbo.

Last edited:
P0043 is the O2 sensor heater circuit which is most likely the sensor.
The MAP sensor code could be due to the MAF or either I’d believe.
The last one is the VSS. Possibly just the sensor.
I hope that helps.
I changed the front lambda, MAF and fixed a leak.

THE CHECK LIGHT IS OFFF

when I accelerate to 4,000rpm / 5,000rpm and return to idle. it is oscillating it seems that there is excess fuel. Any idea?

Like it is hunting for idle?
Jk's ... I think I found an ignition problem.

I just don't know if it's cables only or some crack in the coil

the shit is here in Brazil i'm not finding NGK spark plug wires. only domestic manufacture.
although anything is better than the current shit
LOL

This routing will not work properly. The boost control valve needs to be connected to a source that is vacuum at WOT. From the factory it was connected to a nipple on the underside of the intake pipe between the MAF and turbo. In the configuration above, I cannot tell if it is connected to a port on the throttle body or the intake manifold, but either one will see boost at WOT and prevent the boost control solenoid from being able to raise boost above wastegate pressure. It won't cause any of the problems that you're seeing; it will just keep you at lower boost.

On the topic of vacuum lines, where is your BOV connected? It should be a nipple on the front of the intake manifold, near where your blue line is.

This routing will not work properly. The boost control valve needs to be connected to a source that is vacuum at WOT. From the factory it was connected to a nipple on the underside of the intake pipe between the MAF and turbo. In the configuration above, I cannot tell if it is connected to a port on the throttle body or the intake manifold, but either one will see boost at WOT and prevent the boost control solenoid from being able to raise boost above wastegate pressure. It won't cause any of the problems that you're seeing; it will just keep you at lower boost.

On the topic of vacuum lines, where is your BOV connected? It should be a nipple on the front of the intake manifold, near where your blue line is.
BoV is in the perfect location, and I installed the original vaccum. the car got better by 90%.

I bought new spark plug cables and realized that I have a crack in the coil connector. I'll resolve soon.

and guess what ... my Radiator is leaking and a new one here in Brazil is R $ 1,200.00 or $ 300 ~.

I'm a professional with old cars, but the Eclipse is almost a champion

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back