The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Resolved 1G AC tensioner pulley bearing replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlaskanDsm

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
Ok so I have been dealing with this for a while. My ac pulley is old and squeaks a lot. I am sick of it. I had a second pulley that was pulled from a sitting car that sqeaks as well. Now I attempted to pull the sealed bearing apart and repack it, reseal it, and re-use it... probably made it worse haha.

Anyways, I have the second pulley apart and have the bearing in hand and see a model number of 6301DUX on the sealed section of the bearing. The other lettering says "Japan, O1M, NSK, 6301DUX".

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I did some research and cannot find a 6301DUX bearing but if I search for 6301 bearing, I get LOTS of results. After doing some additional research, I have come to the conclusion that the 6301-2RS model bearing would be the correct replacement for the AC pulley bearing. If anyone has had any experience with replacing the bearing, I would greatly appreciate any input because I refuse to pay for the ~$200 pulley from the stealership. I may just go ahead and order the bearing to see if it is the correct one.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Popular Metric Bearings

I do not have a precision tool so if anyone is able to measure the bearing for me these are the supposed measurements.

12mm bore x 37mm O.D. x 1mm radius x 12mm width

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So my dad just pointed out to me that NSK is actually a bearing manufacturer and so I called them directly and got the replacement model number 6301DDU. Called around to a few of the local bearing suppliers and they quoted me $11 for the bearing in question. I will probably do a writeup for replaceing the bearing and post it up for anyone who runs into this same issue. Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back