The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G AC pipe bolt size/drier plug and bracket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedicine

Proven Member
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto, ON_Canada
Hello,

Trying to rebuild my AC system but had a few questions

-what size bolts are used to connect the piping in the engine bay for example in the area circled in red?
- assuming they're very specific where could i purchase them?
- Is there a part number for the plug that goes into the ac drier at the top?
- does anyone know where i can find a bracket for the AC drier. i can buy replacement driers but cant find the bracket

Thank you

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I guess I'm a bit confused as your diagram is not representative of a turbo model but that is what type of vehicle you show in your profile. Here's the turbo model's diagram:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Bolt and Nut Sizes are:
A - 87588C - M6 x 1.00 x 25 washer assembled​
B - 87588G - M6 x 1.00 x 16 washer assembled​
C - 87588F - M6 x 1.00 x 30 washer assembled​
E - 87588H - M6 x 1.00 x 20 washer assembled​
L - 87588D - M6 x 1.00 x 30 washer assembled​
M - 87588E - M8 x 1.25 x 30 washer assembled​
N - 87582C - M8 x 1.25 washer assembled nut​
P - 87668D - M6 x 1.00 x 30 washer assembled​

None of these are anything special other than being "washer assembled"; the bolts themselves should be available at a local hardware store. All a "washer assembled" bolt refers to is a fastener that also has a flat and spring washer that do not separate from the bolt itself.

The bracket for the receiver (a.k.a. drier or accumulator, # 87012 in the diagram above) is one of two part numbers, depending on your model year. It looks like 1995-1997 used MB899051 and 1998-1999 used MR315858. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what "plug" you're referring to for the top of the drier based on the above diagram.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back