The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G AC Compressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robertc2427

Probationary Member
Mar 7, 2010
Fresno, California
Hey guys i got a quick question. I want to know if there is anyway to empty the oil in the AC Compressor. how are you supppose to tell if its low as well. how much oil do i put in. any help is appreciated. If there is anything else i should know about doing this please inform me. Thanks

the machine usually puts it in for you, well it did when i worked at a shop you just set the pounds of pressure for the lines as for drainign it i would think you just pull it out and flip it over

They sell flush kits at most retail automotive stores that will flush and then refill the system with r134 and oil. Some have oil that is added separate from the r134a and if that's the case you should contact the manufacture of the ac compressor your using and find out how much that compressor should have and what type. Some after market compressors have different specifications as the stock unit. A stock 98gsx compressor takes sun pag 56 oil. And will hold 6.5 ounces according to autozone. Hope this helps.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back