The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G AC Compressor Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abe'sGST

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 27, 2011
Goldsboro, North_Carolina
Ok guys, I think it's getting hot now and I'm looking to replacing my ac compressor. My friend here on tuners is selling me his. Saturday I changed my oil at work, took a look at how hard to change the compressor was and I just don't see anyway to take it out if it's not having to remove the intake manifold. Do you guys no any tip or link on an easy way of replacing it? Im going to have to do it on the ground using jack stands LOL.

Thanks,

Abe:dsm:

ok guys, update..I replaced my ac compressor this past monday, and finally charged it up just a while ago. The problem is the compressor will not come on for some reason. Anything I can do to test it? Any input i would really apreciate it.

Thanks

You should be able to get the compressor out of the passenger side if you remove your UICP. I was able to get mine out from there without having to remove any mounts.

That's what i was fixing to do, give it power from the battery, I was jumping to a conclusion that the compressor was bad. Idk why but i didn't even think about the relay, then just swapped it with my horn relay and compressor kicked on, now im going to be riding with ac in this hot weather:hellyeah:

Hey guys, well my ac was working after I swapped out my relay and I decided i wanted to add a little oil and i tried to put in some thru the low side and i guess the pressure was a little too high and didn't take much oil...afterwards the ac stopped working since the compressor nor the fan were kicking on...I got a jumper wire and jumped where the relay is and the compressor kicks on? what could it be?

ok...on my 1ga GSX...where the hell am I supposed to pull this compressor out through? Even removing the axle...there isn't enough room to get it out from under the car.

My grandfather and I have been looking at this for 2 weeks now...we can't see any way to get it out short of pulling the intake manifold out.

Can someone please shed some like on this...in detail? We are trying to avoid taking the motor out. We'd really like to avoid taking the intake manifold out...we just want the simplest, least time consuming way to do it!

Buy a newer dryer! Once you break into the a/c system you're supposed to replace the dryer because as soon as outside air reaches the desiccant material in the dryer the moisture in the air saturates it. What the dryer does is prevent any water from being in the system because if water gets in your new compressor it'll damage it.

This is VERY true, as well as ANY particulate matter from the old pump.

Get a filter, put it on the inlet of the AC pump. If you don't you will have a failed 'new' pump pretty quick. A quick flush with brake clean will not work, the particles are too small that harm the pump, you NEED a filter before the pump!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back