The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 2G AC compressor part number help ‘98 GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeaveeDSM

Supporting VIP
Dec 22, 2008
Miami, Florida
Hello all,

On my 1998 Eclipse GST I’m in the process of replacing basically all of my AC components including putting in a new AC compressor. Have not yet pulled the old OEM compressor but from looking at top and bottom of it I don’t see any tag or label on it. I’m the original owner of the car and know it is still the OEM compressor in there.

The belt/pulley look to be 4 ribs and the black electrical plug connecting to the top side of the compressor has 3 wires on it. I’ve been looking at several Mitsubishi dealer parts websites and am a little confused about the exact part # that corresponds to my OEM compressor. I’m not sure if it’s MR360245 or perhaps MR315815. There is yet another one MR201716 but it may not be for the turbo models or perhaps it’s for the older ones prior to ‘97…. Supposedly the compressors on 95-96 2Gs were different than 97-99.

i won’t be buying Mitsubishi OEM new and will get something aftermarket. Rockauto has three different vendors with new compressor kits and 2 of the 3 seem to be the same but a third is different.

Can anyone assist confirming the correct Mitsubishi compressor part # for my ‘98 Eclipse GST so I can hopefully cross reference that to the correct available aftermarket part(s)?

Last edited:
Solution
AC compressor for 1996.07.1 - 1999.04.3 should be MR315815.

BTW, I replaced the compressor on my 91 this last spring, got it from a seller on Amazon "BUYAUTOPARTS!" It was a factory new Denso and I was pleasantly surprised.
AC compressor for 1996.07.1 - 1999.04.3 should be MR315815.

BTW, I replaced the compressor on my 91 this last spring, got it from a seller on Amazon "BUYAUTOPARTS!" It was a factory new Denso and I was pleasantly surprised.

Solution
Thanks for the quick reply. I found BUYAUTOPARTS on both Amazon and it’s direct website. That P/N MR315815 does in fact seem to correspond with the compressor I need for my car.

Just ordered the compressor from them and will let folks know if it too seems to be a DENSO unit etc.

Last edited:
Some good info in this thread: https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/resolved-a-c-refrigerant-capacity.343157/

Keep in mind if you are buying a new compressor, it likely will already be full of oil. I think enough for the entire dry system (but don't quote me on that). I removed some oil from the new compressor when I did mine as the lines and condenser still had some left over. Don't want to put too much in there.

Got it, I plan to drain all the oil it came shipped with and refill with fresh PAG oil to the spec. Now the PITA of removing all the old and installing all the new components.
Compressor, condenser, evaporator core and expansion valve, drier, a couple of the lines. All but the compressor I already have from RockAuto. I probably could just have found and fixed the leak but the car is now 23 years old, I am hanging on to it, live in Miami where good reliable AC is a necessity and I just don’t want to deal with it piecemeal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back