The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Absolutely no boost, new turbo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rstare- I can faintly hear the BOV when I let off the gas.

Velocita- I have a 38mm Tial Sport WG. I'll look at it...

Do you still have the cat installed? If so, pull the wideband and original O2 (if still there) and take it for a spin.

Do you still have the cat installed? If so, pull the wideband and original O2 (if still there) and take it for a spin.

What would this test exactly? I tried running it disconnected at the cat and it ran the same (just loud :p). Are you suggesting I disconnect the O2 sensor so it defaults to a pig rich setting?

ok, are you still having trouble pulling over 5,500 rpms? if thats the case, i would still focus on your ecu, and relating sensors.....

ok, are you still having trouble pulling over 5,500 rpms? if thats the case, i would still focus on your ecu, and relating sensors.....

Yeah, in the video I guess it doesn't seem like it...but I don't think I could hit the rev limiter if I wanted- especially not in gear.

I pulled my ecu apart to check for blown caps or anything obvious. I miiiighht see a messed up cap but the orange jello needs to be scraped away for me to tell.

well it would be easier to verify with a replacment ecu, like a friends? that way you can rule it out.

I'd have to junkyard check unfortunately :(. I need a 95 5-speed ECU which might be a little trickier to come by.

well i can tell your profile doesnt list everything that you hav on the car, including gauges, and stats. So why dont you give me the rundown, so i at least have a better train of thought, cause i know ive had this same problem, but i want to verify it...

well i can tell your profile doesnt list everything that you hav on the car, including gauges, and stats. So why dont you give me the rundown, so i at least have a better train of thought, cause i know ive had this same problem, but i want to verify it...

Alrighty we have....

-T3 ebay turbo (brand new)
-Tial Sport 38mm Wastegate
-1g BOV
-FMIC, 2.5" piping
-Cast log manifold
-12:1 Vortech FMU
-Walbro 255
-Innovative LC1 Wideband
-Autometer Pro comp Boost Guage
-Glowshift Oil Pressure Guage

Wastegate set to 7psi...If you need to know anything else let me know.

Alrighty we have....

-T3 ebay turbo (brand new)
-Tial Sport 38mm Wastegate
-1g BOV
-FMIC, 2.5" piping
-Cast log manifold
-12:1 Vortech FMU
-Walbro 255
-Innovative LC1 Wideband
-Autometer Pro comp Boost Guage
-Glowshift Oil Pressure Guage

Wastegate set to 7psi...If you need to know anything else let me know.

how bout FCD? or missing link? and entire fuel setup?

No FCD is needed on a 95 :)

Otherwise, just Vortech 12:1 FMU, Walbro 255, and stock injectors. The basic 420a setup.

apparently i didnt get the memo as to why the 95's dont need a FCD, but ok. Assuming that there are no vac/boost leaks, and it wont let you get over 5,500 rpms at all, im gonna go ahead and say its ecu related. My similar situation resulted in complications from the map sensor, and afc i had connected at the time. But now im using Portfueler...

I just read something about 95 ECU's-

"These can also cause issues with erroneous check engine lights, idle control problems as well as emission control & cold or hot start problems. I have also seen fuel pump relay turn on faults (ECU won't turn on the fuel pump), as well as an condition where the high speed injector driver has failed. This causes the car to sit and idle fine, but it won't accelerate."

Just cause the ball moves, it doesn't mean that it's not clogged. I'm still thinking PCV. That is the only thing I've ever had go wrong on me that limited my revs. and it was at 5k. That's usually how you know it's bad. Spend the 3 dollars for a new one and report back. That is all.:D

Just cause the ball moves, it doesn't mean that it's not clogged. I'm still thinking PCV. That is the only thing I've ever had go wrong on me that limited my revs. and it was at 5k. That's usually how you know it's bad. Spend the 3 dollars for a new one and report back. That is all.:D

Alright I'll definitely try that tomorrow and let you know...thanks!

At least when all is said and done, my spring tune-up/checkup will be off the check list :p

Is the ECU supposed to make a high pitched whine for about 30 seconds after the car is shut off? Mine's done this for some time, just wondering if it's normal...

Mine does....but it's a 97....ECU that is.....It almost sounds like a real quiet CCFL or HID ballast?

Yeah that's the noise.

To update, I purchased an ECU for $60 that should hopefully get here by the end of this week...

Mine does....but it's a 97....ECU that is.....It almost sounds like a real quiet CCFL or HID ballast?
I guess when you said high pitched whine, I'm thinking of something loud, LOL. I've never heard any ECU do that, so perhaps my saying that it shouldn't do that is incorrect. Rather my experience says that, that isn't normal

I guess when you said high pitched whine, I'm thinking of something loud, LOL. I've never heard any ECU do that, so perhaps my saying that it shouldn't do that is incorrect. Rather my experience says that, that isn't normal

Ha ha yeah sorry...It's pretty quiet. I only usually hear it if the hood is popped.

Is the ECU supposed to make a high pitched whine for about 30 seconds after the car is shut off? Mine's done this for some time, just wondering if it's normal...

That's normal, though I have to admit I'm not quite sure what's making the noise inside the ECU.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back