The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ABS Relays

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

architechnik

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 21, 2007
Glad, Oregon
Hey, looking for some info on the relays for a 1g ABS system. My pump was doing that common whirr thing and not shutting off after the car had.

I pulled the battery terminal before I went to work, as I was already late and could see my power being out by the time I got back.

While at work I did some research on here about probable causes and figured I'd change my relays. I popped the cover off and found one relay and pulled it, reconnected the battery and it still was going. I thought if it were a stuck relay and I pulled it then it wouldn't kick on at all.

Is there another relay somewhere? Is the block next to the obvious relay (with an 'X' piece of plastic) also one and how do I get that one off? I tried to pull but nothing.

Hanes manual says to take it to the Mitsu dealer and no pics. NAPA only showed a couple of relays and none specific to the ABS.

Right now the fuse is pulled (off the block on the battery).

While searching online at various parts distributors I have found several advertisements for multi-use relays for early eclipses although most of them say they only extend through '93, not '94.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between these years or if this a general incorrect report for these sites? I suppose the question is whether there is a big difference between the '93 abs systems and the '94.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back