The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

About to do the cheap profec mod, one question I have.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TooFastTooG

15+ Year Contributor
May 12, 2004
Plainfield, Illinois
Hey guys, Im doing to do the cheap profec setup for my 2g eclipse. I have been reading threw the tech articles and they have been a little confusing becuase the tech aritcle that deals with using the stock bcs is for a 1g.

So I have drawn up this little diagram using paint, and I drew it as if you were looking down at the engine bay, Im not worried about the electrical connections as I know how to do that, this is for the vac lines. So I think the picutures speaks for itself. btw yes I do relize I will throw a cel light doing this.

Attachments

• profec.JPG
    profec.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 248
Why don't you just use the MBC alone? That way you don't have to hook up the BCS.

Because I am hooking it up so I go from stock boost, to about 16psi with the flick of a switch. Something alot of people do.

I'm guessing you don't like to keep it at 16psi and not floor it.

you're going to have to run 2 different fuel set-ups to optimize tunes on 2 different boost levels though... i use to run a 2-stage mbc on my GS-T. i ran it at 9psi and 15psi. the problem i had was that it was rich as hell at 9psi, and ok at 15psi. i basically ended up running it at 15psi, and got on it only when i wanted to... unless, you like changing from one map to another on an afc, your best bet is to just leave it at 16psi!

Well yeah, im not gonna say I drive around all day at wot. But having this done would be a nice little mod to help me get better gas mileage. I'd keep it at stock boost levels going to and from work/school. Then when I need that extra power, flip the switch.

So does anybody know where the line goes?

So I do not need this line to complete the "loop" thats allows me to switch from stock boost to user set?

yes, you must tee in to both sides of the manual boost controller (MBC). one between the BOV and the MBC and again between the wastegate and the MBC. that way when the solonoid is open, the wastegate gets full boost pressure and opens at about 9psi and when the solonoid is closed, boost must go through the MBC and the wastegate will open where you set the MBC

bearman said:
yes, you must tee in to both sides of the manual boost controller (MBC). one between the BOV and the MBC and again between the wastegate and the MBC. that way when the solonoid is open, the wastegate gets full boost pressure and opens at about 9psi and when the solonoid is closed, boost must go through the MBC and the wastegate will open where you set the MBC

Hey thanks all for the help, the post above cleared it up perfectly.

Ill do a write up as well so others can see.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back