The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

????? about stall coverters and shift kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96talontsigreen

Probationary Member
Aug 7, 2004
Lincoln, Nebraska
IM putting in a used awd tranny in my car this week sometime. My car is auto and i would like to know where i can get a stall converter and a shift kit for my car soon. anyone know any good sites. I also have another ?. On my old stock tranny i used to be able to boost brake it to about 4k rpms and 18 lbs of boost on my b 16g. and all of a sudden it quit doing that and would only stall to about 2500 rpms with like 3 lbs of boost, it was oober ###. if anyone can help me with any of this tell me. I would also like to know if theres anything special u cna do to make auto's quik. cause all my friends here give me shit for having an auto. They all say autos wont ever be faster than manual and all sorts of bs and im sick of it i wanna race them and OWN! LOL

thanks
Trevor

dude dont let your friends give you s#*t. some of the fastest cars out there are autos. i am in the same boat as you i have a talon tsi thats auto too. what i am planning to do if i cant find a high stall tourqe converter is use a 75 or 100 hp shot of NO2 off the line until the turbo is spooled. then i will have it shut off and let the boost take over. still just a plan it will take some time to get it all to work right. good luck though.

talk to transdude, he can help you out with your needs.

One question, Are you sure your going all the way to 4k on a power brake? Ive done stall tests on many turbo eclipses and the stall speed varied from 2000 rpms to 2500 rpms.
when you said it started to go to 2500rpms that sounds more like the stock torqueconverter, unless you had a modified one.

Yea no lies i was actually stalling to about 4k a couple times i even went a lil higher. and never bogged out im getting a new tranny in tomarrow

Never stall the car higher than the actual proper stalled speed of the converter unless you want to intentionally burn up your front clutch packs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back