The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

A piece broke off the oil filter housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okm12346

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
This broke off right where the threads are. Is it too bad or i can still use it?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The worst part is that it's my Evo3 housing.

Why would you ever consider reusing that man..

Say you could POSSIBLY thread a filter onto that..
With the small amount of threading left i wouldnt doupt your filter will loosen up.

Hell, My Gsts Filter loosens every once and a while and mine isnt cracked..

Save yourself a HUGE headache and buy a new housing..
Just my oppinion.

I don't see a problem with the oil filter tightening down but rather two other more serious issues.

One being that it has already cracked there is now hairline cracks all over the threads and later on down the road the entire oil filter could entirely brake off.

Second with the placement of the chipped out section, its possible the non filtered oil will not be pumped into the center section to be filtered but rather leak out and back into the filtered oil wich intern make the whole filter unused.

I would'nt chance it. Just save yourself the headache and replace it while the old ones already off.
Just my 2 cents.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back