The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

A huge thanks to all the DSM tuners.com community!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpe121212

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 24, 2006
Lynchburg, Virginia
I have been meaning to send this out for quite some time, so here we go...

To everyone that might be out there, I just wanted to send out a big thanks for all the help over that last few years!

I am one of the old geezers (49 years old) out there that has been completely amazed and humbled by the degree of GREAT help and advice that is available to us on this site!

I purchased a 1995 Eagle Talon TSI AWD for my son several years back for $2,000 bucks and after several years of use by him, decided to sell the car as items began to fail all at once. He talked me into keeping the car and fixing it up like I once did with Mazda RX 7's and BMW M3's.

Little did I know what a journey I was in store for! Two plus years later, thanks to what I have learned from DSM Tuners.com members and a many great vendors that I have had the great fortune to work with, I have rebuilt a car that I have had more fun with than any car that I have ever owned!

To be perfectly honest, developing my Talon has kept me from going insane on many, many occasions!!! My wife would attest to this! I must also attest that at times figuring out how to go about the upgrade path has also mode me a little crazy as well! At one time, due to financial hardship, I tried to sell the car. Thank GOD, It didn't sell! I think I unconsciously priced it way to high!

I have ended up with a car that dependably produces 350 + WHP both on the street and the track and looks as good as it runs!

I hope in time that I will be able to help a newbie as much as I have been helped!

Once again, thanks to all of you for all the help:thumb:

All the best,

Pres

Wow, I'm inspired. I'm at the beginning stages, but wow what a ride it has been.

I will be 43 at the beginning of next month and I want to have some fun with my commuter car while I can. My son is 13 and has little interest in cars at this time. But I would like to help him work on one when it's time. You have a beautiful machine there, I wish you all the best.

I can relate... 43 here also, and got out of cars back in the mid 80's after rebuilding my Camaro and SB 350 Chevy a few times.

Getting back into wrenching 20 years later (much less a turbo car) proved to be a bit more than I expected. But thanks to a lot of great help, good information, and the internet (how the HELL did we get anything accomplished back in the day without the net?)... I feel comfortable doing just about anything to my car again. In fact, it's in the beginning stages of a complete rebuild from the windshield forward :)

I have to admit though, it's a bit humbling sometimes to have someone teaching me about compressor maps or what have you... who wasn't even born yet the last time I was inside a motor :D

But underneath all the sensors and piping.... it's still just a big air pump with rods, pistons, and a crank ;)

I'm glad to hear that you stayed with it through the hard times. I think we all eventually have thoughts of giving up and selling our DSM's when things go wrong or break on us. I've been really lucky with my car so far, and hopefully it stays that way. Although I am not expecting to break parts, I know it will eventually happen on some level :coy:
I guess that is just a simple part of modding a car, people just usually don't take that into consideration usually.
I agree with you that this site is an amazing information hub that never ceases to amaze me. It makes me more confident in working on my car, and helps me to learn so much on a daily basis. When I first bought my talon almost three years ago I knew nothing about DSM's. I would say I am still somewhat of a noobie but at the same time I got my car running from scratch with a whole new motor and tranny and that felt great. I think the sence of accomplishment that goes with doing work on your own makes it so much more fun when our cars actually run well. Overall the DSM expierence has been amazing for me. I just wanted to say thanks to all the Wisemen along with all the other knowledgable users on this site.

Wow that is one of the cleanest 2nd Gens I have ever seen! Best of luck in the future and wish me luck! I have similar goals to hit 350 wheel reliably. :thumb:

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I just wish this wonderful pastime didn't cost so much!!!

I guess there is always a price to pay to play!

best of luck on reaching your goals!

Thanks Guys:thumb:

I just wish I could save enough money for time on the track at VIR!

I went to VIR for the first time several months back and I can't remember when I had more fun!

Road racing is absolutely a blast!

I also hope to hit the drag strip in 09.

I have dyno'd the car at 373 WHP at 23 PSI with no knock on pump gas (50/50 -Water/Meth). This was with a pretty conservative Timing and Fuel map.

I recently completed ,what I am calling, a drag tune at 25 PSI with no knock. While I don't know what the WHP is on this tune, I am hoping it is at somewhere around 400 WHP.

The car pulls extremely hard!

Do you guys think that a reliable ~ 400 WHP is possible with my set-up?

Just curious what she might do in the 1/8 and 1/4 mile?

I guess I will find out this summer.

Thanks again for all the feedback!

Pres

gawd we need to start an old folks section here :D
36 here BTW

Pff. :rolleyes:

Anyways, thanks for noticing how much the site does. You're very welcome, and we appreciate when someone realizes that beyond the inevitable internaweb pissy bickering, we are a treasure trove of information.

But you guys are who make it possible. :thumb:

gawd we need to start an old folks section here :D
36 here BTW
Maybe I'll open a new forum for us 'older' folks.... :)

Pres, nice car. Glad to see we've encouraged you to spend lots of money on it LOL
Saw a photo in your gallery of what looked like a road course - nice! Always love seeing DSMers out at the road course. We need more of that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back