The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

A great cheap (very cheap) DIY intake pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supplies
1- 8 inch piece of 2 1/4 exhasut piping (nearly free at any exhasut shop, just ask them for a piece of scrap)
2 semi large worm ring clamps ($1?)

Tools
8mm or screw driver (for the worm ring clams)
knife to cut you stock intake pipe
maybe some paint if you swing that way (I painted mine with black engine paint)

Remove your intake pipe at the Mas, BOV dump tube and turbo.

Cut it at the 2nd rib from the top . Then cut it at the 2nd rib from the top. Remove the dump tube and shorten it if you havent in the past, then replace back into the intake pipe. Your objective is to get great air flow with very little restriction.

Make sure you leave some ribs on. You will need these for your clamps to grip.

Paint your pipe now if your going to, I would to prevent rust.

Slide the ends of the stock dump tube on each end of the scrap pipe and clamp it down. Look in side and make sure your not interfering with the dump tube. Put it on your car, Ajust the length by undoing the clamps and sliding the pipe in or out more. BAMN

Nice intake for dirty cheap.

I can honestly say that you will never need anything more then this with a stock like set up. Why waste $200-300 on a shiny piece of metal?

Over all time should take about 15 minutes.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back